Author Topic: anyone about in sutton coldfield with vagcom ? key chip needs coding  (Read 3260 times)

Offline lord14

• Here all the time
the chip fell out of the key i re fitted it and the immobiliser wont go off , presume it needs coding again , or is there anyother way of resetting it

Offline iansabf

• GTI forum regular
Got the same problem with my spare key. So when the missus uses the car i get stuck with the spare. Not good when you've de-locked the drivers door. Climbing throw the boot isn't fun with 3 headrests. Haven't made it to the ignition without the alarm going off yet!  :grin: Let me know if you find someone to do yours, will have to try and get my sorted also

Offline lord14

• Here all the time
mine wont start due to the immobiliser being on , so i think the ecu has forgotten the chip in the key

Offline tshirt2k

• I live here
  • Been there...Done that...
Depending on the year, it may need a new key. Newer cars are onece coded only.

Sounds like the chip is damaged. Mk4 chips are a sort of glass type and they are usually bonded in. May need a new key.

You cant code a key with vagcom unless you have an SKC

Mk3 ABF 16VT Megasquirt V3

Tshirt knows........ How to diagnose

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
where abouts in sutton? i'm going to the bank in mere green tomorrow might be able to drop in. but as above sounds like you might need a new chip (or one out of another key if immo2)

Offline lord14

• Here all the time
im in walmley mate , and its a 2000 model ,

Offline lord14

• Here all the time
how do i know if its immo 2 ?

Offline Keithuk

• I live here
how do i know if its immo 2 ?

Sorry its an old thread but VW and Audi key, remote, and immobilizer FAQ and troubleshooting

VAG-COM won't programme keys without the SKC you need VAG TACHO or VAG Commander 1.4.
2010 Golf GTD (170) CBBB, 5 Door, Shadow Blue (P6/D5Q), Flat Tyre Indicator, Basic Protection Pack + VCDS.