Author Topic: Golfyste's road legal mk4 "project track car"  (Read 113821 times)

Offline SI74

• I live here
Re: Golfyste's road legal mk4 "project track car" *The engine is in!!!*
« Reply #340 on: 10 September 2014, 13:58 »
Really like that red.

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Re: Golfyste's road legal mk4 "project track car" *The engine is in!!!*
« Reply #341 on: 12 September 2014, 09:26 »
Cheers dude  :smiley:

R-tech custom remap - k04-001- 250bhp/311ftlb  :grin:

"Project track car" has begun :grin:

http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=247202.0

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car

Ok time for another overdue update!
I went a couple of weeks not doing anything due i getting a new car.....again! Haha.
I got a 06 ibiza pd130 as part of a swap deal with my mx5. I mainly got it as I'm regularly driving down to London and need the mpg!
It was in a bit of a mess When I got it - horrible inside, messy wiring, broken bits bodged intercooler, no bumper grills etc etc. here's a few pics including before and after of the the intercooler.

It's a decent car now and only has 65k on the clock and is running 180 bhp and get 65mpg on the motorway  :).

ANYWAY!! Back to the golf! :).
I didn't do to well at taking photos to start with haha.
I finished the heatshield, including raising it my 20mm so it sealed against the body, painted it etc. I haven't got any photos but you. Can see it in photos later on :).

My bbt supersize tip arrived :).

I decided I was going to mount my catchcan where the aircon used to be so I painted it (graphite of corse) and then made up some brackets :).

I ordered several parts including intercooler pipework, a silicone throttle body pipe, some connectors for the breather pipework etc.
couple of pics showing TB pipe, heatshield, silicone 45 and alloy 45 for fmic pipes and tip

Catch can piped up.

Got the front end back on ready to mock up the intercooler pipes......discovered my heatshield is in the way of the headlight so had to mod it haha.

Another pic of the catch can pipework. I also had to extend the metal coolant pipe that runs past the tip as I had cut it back and bent it so the supersize tip fitted easily so just used some spare coolant pipe to extend it :).

I was still waiting for the rest of my intercooler pipes to arrive so I set about mounting the oil cooler :).

I then cut some slits in the arch lines to allow airflow through the cooler and then put some mesh over to protect it :).

Then my intercooler pipes came!

Random fmic shot :).

Drivers side mocked up.

And the rest :).

Then I drilled the hoses for recirc, n75 and map sensor

And that pretty much brings us upto date!
I also bolted the driveshafts on, and cleaned up the hubs, wishbones, droplinks etc and repainted ten as they started going rusty! But no pics!
I've taken the intercooler pipes to get welded and should be done this week :).

And couple of negative points.....I found a puddle in the rear wheel well! I think it may be the door-roof deal so have bought another which should be arriving shortly so will see if that sorts it.
I also got some bad new from my mate sorting my carbon bonnet!
He managed to sort it and get it looking great! Apart from in a few places he said where it was pealing was because it had been attacked by paint stripper and has damaged the fibres!
BUT! He said he can sort it and relacquer it again and should be ok!
Couple of pics to show what I mean!

It does look awesome!

Can just see the little dots on this photo. I said it would be ok but he has too much pride in his work to let me fit it like this so is redoing it haha.

So now it for fmic pipes. Get oil cooler pipes up. Bolt exhaust onto the turbo and fit the  brakes and then we are pretty much sorted!! :)

Cheers for reading guys and any comments are welcome :).

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
so I visited CNtuning today and I picked this lot up!!

I got a 1 off k300s which has been heavily ported by jnl and fitted with a 15psi actuator, ceramic coated relentless manifold with a egt probe that has been port matched to the turbo.
550cc injectors
Big air filter with s3 Maf
A fully rebuilt 6 speed box with new syncro arp bolts. Also fitted with a Mfactory Limited slip diff!
Shafts, cables, slave line, starter motor etc.  and also 2 A048 tyres

Got it all for a bargain aswell!
Can't wait to get it all fitted!!! :D

Offline Chris.

• I live here
naughty update hahaha

Click For Build Thread

248bhp  278lbft R - Tech Powered 1.8T!!  - Gone but NOT forgotton

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Haha it's all coming together now  :evil:
I was thinking about mapping it myself but seen as I'm going to be running a test unit for bbt I will let niki map it haha.

Offline Rylarr

• Not said much yet
that ibiza front mount hahahaha
its a nice car tho man... after we cleaned it!  :grin:
Dirty man!!!

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Haha I know dude was such a bodge. And was sooooo disgusting inside! Haha

Ok so I got back home from a week away so I though I would compare the BBT k300 to a normal k03.
You can see how much bigger the compressor housing is with it using a k04 housing.

I picked my welded fmic pipes up today. They were all good and they have made a pretty decent job of them. Ok for £60 for the lot :).

Ok so today I set about getting some stuff fitted!
I fitted the fmic pipes, the new HUGE air filter. The vacuum lines to the fpr, recirc and boost gauge. And also the brake booster hose.
Does anybody know if the brake booster 'needs' 2 check valves as I only have 1 :/.
I also properly fitted the tip, recirc, n75 and map sensor :).
It's now ready for the bumper to go on :).
Next step is pipe the oil cooler up and I need to modify the catch can as Clive from CNtuning ha told me if I'm running it it too atmosphere I need larger pipework to deduce the back pressure as I won't have the auction from the intake.

A few picture of today's work :).

Offline golfyste

• I live here
  • Project track car
Another little update.
I decided how I'm going to pipe up my oil cooler and also how UK going to modify my catch can using Clive from cntunings advice.

I fitted a new door seal as there was a puddle in the rear footwell so have mopped it up and will check it again after a bit of rain.
I also go around to fitting my custom r32 spoiler....I may have gone overboard with the tape but it's better to be safe then sorry!

I then set about cleaning up and fitting my Brembos so I whipped the grinder out gave them a scrub and then fitted them on the car :).

I just need to get the oil pipes made up and connect them. Fill it with fluids and it can be started! :).

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
Nice one mate, makes me want to fit my Brembos lol

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175