Author Topic: Eibach Pro Lowering Springs  (Read 4246 times)

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
Eibach Pro Lowering Springs
« on: 24 April 2017, 00:47 »
I have had a search throughout the whole Internet for pictures of a GTI or GTD with Eibach Pro springs fitted and have only found about 3 decent pictures.

Has anyone got them fitted to their car on here? If so can you please post a side view picture so I can see the difference between the drop of the front and rear?

Thanks.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: Eibach Pro Lowering Springs
« Reply #1 on: 24 April 2017, 11:45 »
Got sportlines if you fancy a piccie of them - at work now but could post later.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline eug2huge

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 24 April 2017, 12:23 »
I'm having some VWR ones fitted on my R this Thursday.

What drop are you looking at on the Eibachs?

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 24 April 2017, 13:42 »
Got sportlines if you fancy a piccie of them - at work now but could post later.

Yes please 🙂

I'm having some VWR ones fitted on my R this Thursday.

What drop are you looking at on the Eibachs?

15-20mm rear and 20-25mm front, I don't want a crazy drop but I want it to feel more planted. I had sportlines on my old VXR and they were really good springs.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 24 April 2017, 13:45 »
I had Eibach Pro springs fitted to my R a few months ago, the drop is very subtle and less than the VWR springs.

Absolute am I would suggest they have dropped my R 10-12mm, doesn't even look lowered until compared to a stock car.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 24 April 2017, 13:53 »
I had Eibach Pro springs fitted to my R a few months ago, the drop is very subtle and less than the VWR springs.

Absolute am I would suggest they have dropped my R 10-12mm, doesn't even look lowered until compared to a stock car.

It's strange that the pro's for the R is the same drop front and rear but for the GTI it lowers the front more. That's the look I want to go for, OEM look but a touch stiffer and flatter in the twisties.

Offline Raffe

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 24 April 2017, 14:14 »
It has made for a great driving car, even the wife could notice the difference in a positive way.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 24 April 2017, 14:28 »
In general from having Eibachs Pros fitted to three cars the drop is less than other opposition but have had a more compliant ride (I have always tended to prefer their ride to oem).

They are not as focused as others on track but your spine tends to remain in tact on the way there.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #8 on: 24 April 2017, 20:36 »
Before...

and after...

and on 19's...

Apologies for the different perspectives/sizes/distance from car.

Remember these are Sportlines which are allegedly a bit lower, especially on the front.
« Last Edit: 24 April 2017, 20:46 by Gnasher »
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline hog_hedge

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 24 April 2017, 21:06 »
That looks perfect. What's the manufacturer figures for the drop on sportlines? How's the ride compared to stock? Where did you buy them? :grin: