Author Topic: 0 miles - BRAND NEW mk1 Golf, fresh from the factory anyone?  (Read 1828 times)

Offline SuSpEcT-GTII

• Not said much yet
Hey there mk1 people :smiley: This is my first time in the mk1 section. I just had to share this with you! Check this out . . . My girlfriends Dad is South African and he just got back from visiting some relatives out there. Upon his return he thought I would be interested to hear that they still manufacture and sell the original mk1 golf out there! They call it the CitiGolf!
I was well surprised when I looked it up! Did anyone else know this? Anyway here's a link to the site...

http://www.vw.co.za/models/citigolf/360/
FaR BeYonD DriVeN !

Offline SID GTI

• Just got here
Hi. I first saw one in Gt Yarmouth about 10 years ago on a C plate. If you were to put an original MK1 and this model side by side you can tell the difference.
From memory the lights and grill are slightly different but thats all i can remember.

Still its nice to see the South African's have some taste in cars.

Offline caddyrage

• GTI forum regular
I believe they only make them as a 5 door aswell :sad:
03 ibiza PD 130 sport, smiles per miles!
83 mk1 golf gti, 16v 2L PL
92 mk1 caddy, now stripped for resto

WWW.FENDUBBERS.CO.UK
cambridgeshire vw owners club

Offline gti sa

• Not said much yet
  • Power from the GODS
Yep I knew about it.  I used to own a few.  Just after the mk1 ended vw in south africa had come out with a model known as a CTi.  Also a 1.8 l version.  It was 1 kilowatt more than the mk1 gti.  Once that had stopped vw had come out with 1.3, 1.4, 1.6 litre versions.  Very nippy little things. They just had a few cosmetic changes as opposed to the mk1 gti. Within the next few months vw in sa will be launching a new citigolf called the GTi R.  A 1.8l version of the citigolf.  Keep your eyes peeled for that one. :laugh:

Offline ManicGTI

• Not said much yet
I believe they are still selling them but have now stopped production in SA?.  Parts still available though

Offline greenie

• Not said much yet
OMG !!! Just checked out the site .........................I want one how cool is that a mixture of the old fittings still but with a modern twist !!! Love it !

Offline RIPP3Y

• GTI forum regular
Lol, seeing that golf brand new looks so wierd, not too fussy about the face on the car, dont look normal, u think?

Offline [han]

• I live here
  • Graphic Designer for Haribo
yeah, its nver the original, but cool all the same!