Author Topic: Shaun's Rusty Bed On Wheels Takes Him Away On A Trip  (Read 38768 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Shaun's Rusty Bed On Wheels Takes Him Away On A Trip
« Reply #110 on: 02 March 2013, 21:08 »
So this got some proper use earlier in the week, spent 3 says in Norfolk to see some family.  It clearly needed a high speed run and the route to Norfolk is very brick friendly.

Gave it new filters and an oil change the day before which involved me over filling it!  :rolleyes: 

Put another 400 miles on it. it was faultless other than drinking more fuel than the mustang!!! on the A14 it happily sat at 70mph (GPS) 75 on the clocks although in an attempt to save fuel at one point I tried sitting at 60. That didn't seem to make much difference.  Despite clean exhaust output it's starting to smell rich again, will have to look into this but it's one of those engines you never, ever can get setup right!

Despite being 2 degrees at night I slept very comfortably.  Could have stayed in it much longer. Although I still haven't got round to wiring in the split charger, I had more than enough power from the leisure battery for beer fridge and movies.  :cool:

Offline JC

• Global Moderator
  • 10k hero
  • Back in the North.
Re: Shaun's Rusty Bed On Wheels Takes Him Away On A Trip
« Reply #111 on: 02 March 2013, 21:16 »
:afro: good skills, welcome to the crap MPG club, golf is giving me 25mpg at best  :whistle:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #112 on: 02 March 2013, 21:20 »
:afro: good skills, welcome to the crap MPG club, golf is giving me 25mpg at best  :whistle:

Yeah I remember you saying.  :sad:

Sounds frugal to me at the moment though!  :grin:

Offline Horney

• 10k hero
  • Racing, Trackdays, Starwars.
« Reply #113 on: 03 March 2013, 09:15 »
Drafting trucks in mine used to get me 35 mpg. :cool:

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #114 on: 03 March 2013, 09:54 »
Drafting trucks in mine used to get me 35 mpg. :cool:

:laugh:  I bet it makes a massive difference.

I know I could have saved a fortune if I'd simply chugged along, but I hate travelling long distance below the speed limit and the van seemed happy enough keeping up with the traffic. It's just a shame it has such a thirst whilst doing so.