Author Topic: What detailing have you done today?  (Read 529615 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What detailing have you done today?
« Reply #250 on: 20 January 2016, 20:53 »
Ordered. Also bought the Auto Finesse detailing brushes. Pricey but worth it I believe.
Just need a car now :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #251 on: 20 January 2016, 21:45 »
Not strictly detailing but in preparation of a full decon detail on my Bros i8 and because I have a glass back:-

Would love one, but no good for my gravel driveway. :sad:  Will persevere with my kids step stool and kneeling pad combo.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #252 on: 21 January 2016, 16:36 »
'Will persevere with my kids step stool and kneeling pad combo'

Such an elegant system :laugh:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #253 on: 21 January 2016, 19:07 »
Does the job :-p
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #254 on: 22 January 2016, 19:12 »
Not strictly detailing but in preparation of a full decon detail on my Bros i8 and because I have a glass back:-

My stool arrived today along with my detailing brushes.
Impressed with the products and the service. The way the stool takes 10 seconds to assemble is my favourite bit :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP

Offline gazmondo35

• Here all the time
« Reply #255 on: 23 January 2016, 17:23 »
Took advantage of the mild weather today & gave the car a mini detail,which gave me the opportunity to try out some new products.
Washed the car with (auto finesse lather) which I found to be good ,but not brilliant .it just doesn't foam as mush as I wound like,I'm now wishing I hadn't bought 5 litre of it.
Dryed the car with (gyeon-q2m silk dryer 70x90cm) this is the best drying towel I've ever used by far,it like witchcraft the amount of water it removes.
Then it was time for wax I have always used collinite 845,but until recently I found out it's more suited to light coloured cars ,so tryed out some collinite 915,some people were saying its difficult to remove ,but I had no problems & I must say I'm happy with the results.

Also I must mention wo-wo clay mit, although the golf didn't need claying today,I was dying to try it out , so I gave the roof on my 2005 Astra Estate workhorse a go which has never been clayed before.I applied some dodo juice clay lube & went to work,at first it sounded like I was rubbing sand paper on it ,but then it soon become glass smooth to the touch,very impressive product.

Here is a pic from today

Mk7 golf R DBP
MK7 golf gti pp red (sold)

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #256 on: 23 January 2016, 17:49 »
Took advantage of the mild weather today & gave the car a mini detail,which gave me the opportunity to try out some new products.
Washed the car with (auto finesse lather) which I found to be good ,but not brilliant .it just doesn't foam as mush as I wound like,I'm now wishing I hadn't bought 5 litre of it.
Dryed the car with (gyeon-q2m silk dryer 70x90cm) this is the best drying towel I've ever used by far,it like witchcraft the amount of water it removes.
Then it was time for wax I have always used collinite 845,but until recently I found out it's more suited to light coloured cars ,so tryed out some collinite 915,some people were saying its difficult to remove ,but I had no problems & I must say I'm happy with the results.

Also I must mention wo-wo clay mit, although the golf didn't need claying today,I was dying to try it out , so I gave the roof on my 2005 Astra Estate workhorse a go which has never been clayed before.I applied some dodo juice clay lube & went to work,at first it sounded like I was rubbing sand paper on it ,but then it soon become glass smooth to the touch,very impressive product.

Here is a pic from today

Absolutely stunning.  Superb shine you've achieved  :shocked: :cool:  Nice to see your car in here.

Collinite 915 Marque d' Elegance is superb for black cars.  Agree about the application, I've never had any problems buffing it off but have read other people complaining about it.  Probably using too much of the stuff.   :rolleyes:

Great job!
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #257 on: 23 January 2016, 17:51 »
Gazmondo - that looks fantastic! As much as I love Pretorias, those Cadiz look great!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #258 on: 24 January 2016, 13:47 »
Quick one hour wash in the drizzle.  Unusually the weather brightened towards the end, for a change!

•   Double snow foam – VP Advanced Snow Foam

•   Wheel washed and 3 bucket wash – DJ Supernatural Shampoo

•   Vac n Blo dry and WoWo towel dry

•   Wheels dried with newly acquired WoWo Wheel Towels – excellent size and loving the black colour.

•   Tailpipe polish – Mothers Mag

•   Tyres dressed – 1 coat of Hi Shine

The C2v3 on the wheels continues to impress – dirt flew off with a blast from the pressure washer.  Even though G5 would be even better, the C2 is doing a great job.  Bye-bye Poorbooys Wheel Sealant, lol.

New WoWo Wheel Drying Towels used to mop up the few drips left after a blast with the Vac n Blo.  Fantastic size – no danger of them dragging in the gravel, and black is the perfect colour for a wheel towel.  Another superb WoWo product!  Hats off to you Neil.  :smiley:

Nice and clean for an hour or two!

Bit dirty to start

Snow foam

Vac n Blo dry off

WoWo Wheel towels

1 hour later

« Last Edit: 24 January 2016, 13:56 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Wo-Wo

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
  • www.wo-wo.co.uk
« Reply #259 on: 24 January 2016, 15:11 »
Nice one Bec, I used one new wheel towel and managed to dry the whole of Bevs car. Really pleased that people are loving the wheel towel.