Author Topic: wiring a sony x-plod mp40 cd player into me mk2  (Read 1158 times)

Offline samjac68

• GTI forum regular
wiring a sony x-plod mp40 cd player into me mk2
« on: 13 July 2006, 22:24 »
hi all :laugh:

just wondering, bought a new head unit and want someone to confirm the wiring for me before i blow it up :laugh:

what i reckon is:

cd      -       car
red           red
black       brown
then the 2 speaker connectors to the audio out rear l/r
arial to arial

any others, theres a grey wire and a green wire behind the crappy ford tape player?

cheers

sam :smiley:

Not got a golf yet! did have a 1.6 driver plan to have another project car soon ;)

Offline frog

• Here all the time
Re: wiring a sony x-plod mp40 cd player into me mk2
« Reply #1 on: 14 July 2006, 17:25 »
Be aware that the red from the car is a permanent live and that there is NO switched/Ignition wire.
You need to run a seperate wire from the ignition switch or from the fuse box (not sure where on the fuse box though). You can conect the red and yellow from the stereo together and connect these to the red from the car, you'll just have to remember to turn the stereo off every time.

Offline samjac68

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2 on: 14 July 2006, 22:46 »
frog, YOU DA MAN :cool:

it lit up like a christmas tree :grin: :evil: cheers! (will wire speakers tomoz lol)

Not got a golf yet! did have a 1.6 driver plan to have another project car soon ;)

Offline samjac68

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #3 on: 15 July 2006, 19:48 »
damn, connected the speakers and theyre really quiet and crackly, either that or i turn the volume down so theyre barely hearable but no crackling

so uhm, ideas? they worked fine with the tape player :cry: