Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245372 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #90 on: 17 January 2019, 22:30 »
Quite funny all the journos suddenly picking up on Milton Keynes as an amusing name for the Parker wheels when they've always been called that outside the UK.

They should rename Cadiz wheels as Grimsby or Hull in the UK.

Yay Grimsby! I'd buy those lol
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #91 on: 18 January 2019, 06:06 »
The ‘new’ articles that have appeared in Car, Evo, Autoexpress etc are exactly the same articles as in May. Lazy journalism.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Vortex

• Just got here
« Reply #92 on: 18 January 2019, 09:45 »
The ‘new’ articles that have appeared in Car, Evo, Autoexpress etc are exactly the same articles as in May. Lazy journalism.

In my opinion someone at Volkswagen UK needs their arse kicked! How can you invite the UK car press to a launch of a new ‘model’ and not provide new and updated information, especially UK RRP and UK spec. 

Unfortunately this isn’t just a VW problem, it seems to be a problem that effects many of the UK divisions of car manufacturers, Ford UK being one!

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #93 on: 18 January 2019, 09:56 »
You have to wonder why the UK Press website is showing the German press release with German contacts. No details at all of the UK car details, specs, price, timings etc, just a copy & paste of the other European market press release. there's nothing new in the press release that we didn't already know, and as pointed out by another poster, al the news websites are just regurgitating their articles and/or copying what's in the press release.

They may be timing the UK details release in conjunction with a schedule, or perhaps somebody has messed up?!?

:undecided:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline clubsport

• I live here

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #95 on: 18 January 2019, 17:25 »
Autocar first drive review; here   https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/golf-gti-tcr/first-drives/volkswagen-golf-gti-tcr-2019-review

Not exactly selling it to me... but on the other hand, as good as the CSS was around a German forest, I'd not buy one of those either!

About the most interesting aspect of the TCR is that its heralding the arrival of the Mk8
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Online Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #96 on: 18 January 2019, 17:29 »
Autocar first drive review; here   https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-review/volkswagen/golf-gti-tcr/first-drives/volkswagen-golf-gti-tcr-2019-review

Not exactly selling it to me... but on the other hand, as good as the CSS was around a German forest, I'd not buy one of those either!

About the most interesting aspect of the TCR is that its heralding the arrival of the Mk8

Like the Clubsport and Pirelli, there’ll no doubt be lots of unsold pre-reg’d examples on dealer forecourts once the new model arrives in the showrooms.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #97 on: 18 January 2019, 17:30 »

I agree, having driven a couple of CSS now, I am impressed, but I have even more impractical cars to cover that brief even more effectively.
If I were buying a new Golf, a GTi PP to my spec would be fine, it's the silly little things like parking sensors missing on the CS ED40 and adaptive cruise on the CSS that you appreciate on a daily driver. 

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #98 on: 18 January 2019, 17:32 »

Like the Clubsport and Pirelli, there’ll no doubt be lots of unsold pre-reg’d examples on dealer forecourts once the new model arrives in the showrooms.

I expect right now a canny car trader in Ireland is busy ordering MPH speedos, ready to flood the UK with surplus Irish import TCR's? :)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #99 on: 18 January 2019, 17:34 »

Yup its a clearing the parts bin discount promo special....

Its a shame these come so late in the lifecycle really. Offering something like this as a limited edition say with the Mk8 launch would be very exciting.... end of the Mk7... not so much. Wax lips on a donkey.