Author Topic: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?  (Read 245424 times)

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: 2018 Golf TCR and dealer information ?
« Reply #60 on: 11 January 2019, 08:26 »
Encouraging to see the German spec TCR comes with the 18" Belvedere wheels as fitted to the Clubsport Ed40. Good that VW are still producing them.

If I were to modify my PP. a set of Belvedere's and a Clubsport S back box is all I would need!

Quite like the new Reifnitz wheel too.

I recognise them but can’t place them. Have audi used them??
Although they are quite different, it's probably safe to say they got a bit of 'inspiration' from the 20" TTRS wheels which have an angular tick at the end of each spoke.
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #61 on: 11 January 2019, 09:08 »
Encouraging to see the German spec TCR comes with the 18" Belvedere wheels as fitted to the Clubsport Ed40. Good that VW are still producing them.

If I were to modify my PP. a set of Belvedere's and a Clubsport S back box is all I would need!

Like, maybe. But would you spec them for €2300 or whatever they are on the configurator?!!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #62 on: 11 January 2019, 10:18 »

Like, maybe. But would you spec them for €2300 or whatever they are on the configurator?!!
The option in DE and BR doesn't just give you the wheels though, it's a pack containing the 19" wheels, DCC ,and Speed Limit de-restrict.

I'm still not sure it's worth it though, i'd stick with the Belvedere's and just tick the DCC box. If the car does come to the UK, and the packs are similar, this is going to be one very expensive car!

It does make me chuckle how the Parker's in Europe are instead called "Milton Keynes".  :grin:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #63 on: 11 January 2019, 10:43 »
It does make me chuckle how the Parker's in Europe are instead called "Milton Keynes".  :grin:

Which probably makes me hate them even more than I do already!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #64 on: 11 January 2019, 11:15 »

The option in DE and BR doesn't just give you the wheels though, it's a pack containing the 19" wheels, DCC ,and Speed Limit de-restrict.

I'm still not sure it's worth it though, i'd stick with the Belvedere's and just tick the DCC box. If the car does come to the UK, and the packs are similar, this is going to be one very expensive car!

Was looking on my phone - that makes more sense. I'd probably go Belvederes as well.

Milton Keynes is certainly an odd name for the Parkers in Europe!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #65 on: 11 January 2019, 11:38 »
For all those Milton Keynes/Parker haters, I see that they are a €700 upgrade option on the Belgian TCR configurator 😏
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #66 on: 11 January 2019, 11:48 »
Even as a Parker fan, you'd imagine they would be a no-cost option or even some money back for choosing them instead of Belvederes!
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #67 on: 11 January 2019, 13:05 »
Indeed, it’s strange but illustrates VW’s differing strategy for each market.
I think the UK May be the biggest GTI market, certainly in Europe (other than Germany?) and its my impression we usually get a better spec as standard than many others.
I also believe that GTIs in Belgium and Holland are v expensive.
I’m moving from a 7 to a 7.5 in March so at the moment trying to fall in love with Parkers.
I think I am starting to get there!

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #68 on: 11 January 2019, 13:09 »
I have to say Jim that your signature pic of a Parker is helping me a lot!
My car will be Indium Gray but that wheel against silver is quite nice  :smiley:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #69 on: 11 January 2019, 13:45 »
I have to say Jim that your signature pic of a Parker is helping me a lot!
My car will be Indium Gray but that wheel against silver is quite nice  :smiley:

Glad it's helping! I didn't get chance to upgrade but in reality, I don't love any of the others enough to pay extra for them anyway.

My previous Mk7.5 was Indium... really liked that colour  :cool:

NOW - 330e M Sport