Author Topic: Seanl's Raddo KR problem child!  (Read 31952 times)

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
Re: Seanl's Raddo KR
« Reply #30 on: 14 December 2011, 15:53 »
Nice  :cool:

Miss mine  :cry:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #31 on: 14 December 2011, 16:09 »
Miss mine  :cry:

Foolish man.  :rolleyes:  :grin:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #32 on: 14 December 2011, 16:37 »
Going through the paperwork and sorting it all out the other night, found it had over 3k spent on it at TSR in bridgewater in 2007, and alot of it was just for fitting stuff. All engine mounts were changed not just the front, for uprated vibratech mounts, reconditioned gearbox, b+m shortshifter, selector cables, arb droplinks and bushes, various other bushes, clutch, zaust fitting, 4 branch manni fitting, lowering springs fitting, clutch master cylinder, cambelt and tensioner, full service and Mot with RR run and printout. Tons of receipts from the last 10 years, and every MOT cert since new. Like mentioned before has fsh until 128k (2008) then a few receipts for oil and filters after that. Nice to know it's been really looked after in it's later life. The owner that did all the work had it from the beginning of 07 until late 08, and must have loved the car as the receipts alone total around 5k.  :cool: think he must have bought it in a bit of a state though by the looks of things.  :undecided: will have to show it some more love with a good service at the w.end, and gonna get it on the ramps next week I think for a good inspection, rub down and paint/ underseal. Heaters aren't working ATM either, just blowing cold air so I think the heater matrix is blocked. Stat seems to be working as temps remain steady, and pipes after the bypass valves are getting hot so think their ok. May just swap the bypasses out for some copper pipe anyway. Gonna have a go at flushing the matrix through with some drain cleaner, but have a spare one for the worst case. Really don't wanna be tearing the dash out to replace that!  :grin:
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline Andy-H

• I live here
« Reply #33 on: 14 December 2011, 17:29 »
The dash aint too bad to get out, I did the one in mine when I swapped the flocked one in and it took about 3 hours  :wink:

Didn't even have to take the steering wheel off  :smug:
'95 Mystic blue Mk3 2.0l 8v - gone
'93 2.0l 16v Corrado - gone (and missed)
'02 A4 Quattro sport - gone
'91 Black 2.1 16v Corrado -gone
'91 Tornado red Mk2

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #34 on: 14 December 2011, 19:08 »
You need to update your Sig man! Seeing you have one of these is making me want one lol, I think I just need one of everything really.......

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #35 on: 14 December 2011, 20:03 »
I know Dan, only have a phone to get online atm though so can't be arsed fannying about on photobucket tryin to resize the image!  :grin: missus dropped a full cup of coffee on the mother-in-laws laptop this morning too! :laugh:
« Last Edit: 14 December 2011, 21:32 by Seanl »
Classic Green Corrado VR6 Storm | Jetex Cat back | BMC CDA | VT mounts | Bilstein B12 | 288mm front brakes | Mk4 rear brakes | Goodridge braided hoses | BBS RX228s | Shortshifter | Lupo wipers | Uprated headlight loom | All red rears | Refreshed leather | Fresh paint |

Offline DanChave

• I live here
« Reply #36 on: 14 December 2011, 20:21 »
Awh bugger! Lol  :rolleyes:

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #37 on: 16 December 2011, 16:36 »
Tidied the bay up a little today, only the black plastics, and got some of the loose oil off of everything. Gonna gunk it tomorrow I expect. Replaced 2 of the clock lamps as they were gone too. Took me Fecking ages to sort the clocks out though, as the speedo drive was a bastard to get back on due to it being so short! Had to push the clocks right back to connect it, and trying to get your hand behind it is a pain in the arse! Got there in the end though. :rolleyes: ordered a bonnet bra today too. Marmite I know, bit I think they look good on these.  :cool: And I've joey'd the driver headlight as only the passenger side one is done atm!  :grin: A few more finicky little jobs to do tomorrow, and try to unblock the heater matrix, then gonna get it on the ramps next week for a good service. No pics though, I forgot sorry.

Offline mk2 helper

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 16 December 2011, 21:47 »
i'm a bit late seing this but i've read through it and congrats on your new purchase she looks nice from the pics glad u got what you was after and can enjoy spending time on it

if in doubt go flat out

Offline Seanl

• I live here
« Reply #39 on: 17 December 2011, 15:40 »
Tried sorting the heaters today, still not working though so gonna get some copper pipe later to delete th bypass valves. Had a go at changing the wing as well but can't get to one of the bolts without removing the bumper and couldn't work out how. Managed to google it eventually and I have to take off 4 of the 6 subframe bolts to release it, so that can wait until tomorrow. Had a play with the clocks again today, on the original ones the mfa wasn't working so they were swapped about. Milage on the replacements reads 177k compared to the 152k on originals. I removed the mph dial with analog milage below it from the originals, and swapped em about so milage is more accurate now (if a little less) as it's done around 157k in reality. Also touched up the inner door lip as it's common for the to be worn off by feet getting in and out, and changed oil pressure sensors around as they were the wrong way round. Will deffo get some pics up tommorrow. :smiley: