Author Topic: Finally own a Golf and some issues!  (Read 983 times)

Offline andybtsn

• Just got here
Finally own a Golf and some issues!
« on: 18 October 2020, 16:08 »
Hi all,

I used to be in on the VAG scene but mainly owning the Polo variety, a decade later and more I now own a 2015 Golf GTD after selling my BMW M135i. Hello to you all!

I've got a few issues. Firstly the ACC/Front assist does not work, it appears the actual sensor is broken although I'm having a garage run some diagnostics to confirm that, it's going to be a hefty repair bill!

Secondly, the front passenger parking sensor has been pushed into the bumper. I have read this is a bumper removal job to sort? Is this definitely right? There is no way the grills can't be removed and getting your hand to the sensor hole? Any ideas how much a garage would charge for this work?

Also there is some rust between the front and passenger door, should I do anything about this to prevent it 'spreading'? The car is really a clean example, rust a is a big disappointment on a 5 year old car :(

Attached a couple of pics.

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
Re: Finally own a Golf and some issues!
« Reply #1 on: 18 October 2020, 16:27 »
Welcome  :smiley to sort your sensor in front bumper either jack car up and take under tray off or take passenger wheel off and take wheel arch lining off to give you access to it  :smiley:

Offline andybtsn

• Just got here
« Reply #2 on: 18 October 2020, 19:49 »
Welcome  :smiley to sort your sensor in front bumper either jack car up and take under tray off or take passenger wheel off and take wheel arch lining off to give you access to it  :smiley:

Thanks, I think I can manage that..I was reading things of the whole bumper needing to be removed

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 18 October 2020, 21:32 »
That rust is a scuff that’s been left, bit of fine wet and dry, kurust and a touch up, just a few quid and half an hours work.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline andybtsn

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 18 October 2020, 22:04 »
That rust is a scuff that’s been left, bit of fine wet and dry, kurust and a touch up, just a few quid and half an hours work.

Thanks, any guides you recommend? I imagine it will be quite difficult not affecting the paint around it?