Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 171097 times)

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #470 on: 25 October 2019, 13:12 »
Has anyone that's seen the linked Autogefühl video from the previous page noticed that when he opens the bonnet, there's no gas strut to open the bonnet, just the old fashioned pull out metal stay - makes we wonder what else VW cheapened to get to a price ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #471 on: 25 October 2019, 13:18 »
Has anyone that's seen the linked Autogefühl video from the previous page noticed that when he opens the bonnet, there's no gas strut to open the bonnet, just the old fashioned pull out metal stay - makes we wonder what else VW cheapened to get to a price ?

Yes, thats been noted by a few, a major step back.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #472 on: 25 October 2019, 13:29 »

It's a really odd move doing that. Wonder how much it saves per unit? Yet they have added stuff like ambient lighting for the rear doors. Robbed Peter to pay Paul.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #473 on: 25 October 2019, 13:59 »
It's a really odd move doing that. Wonder how much it saves per unit? Yet they have added stuff like ambient lighting for the rear doors. Robbed Peter to pay Paul.

Weight saving? They have shaved 70kg according to VW...

That won't have been ditching one 70kg item...
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #474 on: 25 October 2019, 14:12 »
regarding that Jim, I notice on the VW website it says " Choose the optional ambient lighting package and illuminate the interior from a selection of 32 colours" - makes me wonder if the rear ambient lighting is part of this optional pack as well ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #475 on: 25 October 2019, 14:18 »

Weight saving? They have shaved 70kg according to VW...

That won't have been ditching one 70kg item...

I meant how much its saves cost-wise Fred.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #476 on: 25 October 2019, 14:29 »

Value perception. How many times do you open the bonnet versus how many times do you sit in the interior. The interior also looks good in the sales material. The gas lift, not so much.  :grin:
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #477 on: 25 October 2019, 14:35 »
regarding that Jim, I notice on the VW website it says " Choose the optional ambient lighting package and illuminate the interior from a selection of 32 colours" - makes me wonder if the rear ambient lighting is part of this optional pack as well ?

Absolutely no reason to have only 32 colours.... how weird

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #478 on: 25 October 2019, 14:52 »
Value perception. How many times do you open the bonnet versus how many times do you sit in the interior. The interior also looks good in the sales material. The gas lift, not so much.  :grin:

But they have bothered to paint the inside of the bonnet and engine bay with real paint - unlike the Mk7.

Maybe only Audi VAG's get the gas strut - product differentiation :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #479 on: 25 October 2019, 15:02 »

But they have bothered to paint the inside of the bonnet and engine bay with real paint - unlike the Mk7.

Maybe only Audi VAG's get the gas strut - product differentiation :D

That's for weight saving Fred
NOW - 330e M Sport