Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 171412 times)

Offline ar899

• Here all the time
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #400 on: 11 October 2019, 13:02 »
I miss my old Astra c.1989, where you could have hot air around your feet and cold air in your face. I've been told that is no longer 'technically possible'!
are you sure that wasn't just a design fault from Vauxhall 😂😂

It did have many faults but that wasn't one of them - at least the heater was warming up the water at my feet  :grin:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #401 on: 11 October 2019, 13:45 »

I miss my old Astra c.1989, where you could have hot air around your feet and cold air in your face. I've been told that is no longer 'technically possible'!

It did have many faults but that wasn't one of them - at least the heater was warming up the water at my feet  :grin:

No, this was definitely a thing on some older cars!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #402 on: 11 October 2019, 15:37 »

The air con, or the water?  :laugh:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #403 on: 11 October 2019, 18:00 »

The air con, or the water?  :laugh:
😂😂
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #404 on: 12 October 2019, 08:54 »
Sure the actual tech will be a step change but I much prefer the 7.5 layout.
I see some people say this on here, but I'm struggling to understand what this "step change" is going to be.

Less physical buttons and more than likely wireless bluetooth/CarPlay. But apart from that what's the actual functional tech people are expecting in the the MK8 over the 7.5. Bear in mind the last of the 7.5's are stuffed to the gills with tech as standard...

:huh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #405 on: 12 October 2019, 10:26 »
Bear in mind the last of the 7.5's are stuffed to the gills with tech as standard...

They are, and with Discover Pro button free with added wavy hands features, neither of which are especially useful but the uninterrupted glass screen looks excellent - a triumph of form over function.

For The 8 I’d guess at JLR style surround view, greater reliance on voice control, ACC / traffic assist taking a feed from the GPS and nav system supported by always on internet connectivity and more proactive driver awareness/ safety systems.
TCR 3 door

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #406 on: 12 October 2019, 10:30 »
I see some people say this on here, but I'm struggling to understand what this "step change" is going to be.

Less physical buttons and more than likely wireless bluetooth/CarPlay. But apart from that what's the actual functional tech people are expecting in the the MK8 over the 7.5. Bear in mind the last of the 7.5's are stuffed to the gills with tech as standard...

There are I suspect a load of new bits and bobs to come:

HUD
New DCC (possibly the one with speed bump detection)
Use of the always connected E-Sim for more than just traffic updates
New ACC with corner detection from GPS data
V2X
Multi coloured interior lighting :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #407 on: 12 October 2019, 11:38 »
A personal choice but think ill stick with the Analog  mk7 for the forseable ..  :whistle: I don't think I would use any of that
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #408 on: 13 October 2019, 18:34 »

From one of the numerous articles: Karlheinz Hell, head of compact series group at VW and in charge of the next Golf, said: 'The next Golf will take Volkswagen into the era of fully connected vehicles with extended autonomous driving functions. It will have more software on board than ever before. It will always be online and its digital cockpit and assistance systems will be the benchmark in terms of connectivity and safety.'

This might be the step-change you mention that 'people' on here are referring to?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #409 on: 13 October 2019, 18:53 »
‘Always online’? Not in Norfolk, it won’t be. In Norwich, perhaps. But elsewhere...  :grin:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.