Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 171124 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #360 on: 19 September 2019, 15:34 »
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

You may have said before, you've said it again, but I've no idea what you're talking about!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #361 on: 19 September 2019, 15:37 »
People need to calm down a bit. That's the gte and the base model by all accounts. The GTi and R will look much better. The base models of the mk7 looked a bit  :sick:

Completely agree. I'll make my judgement when I see the finished car. Hardly anyone on here has a non-Performance Golf anyway.

Is anyone getting so animated such that they need to be told to calm down? I've not seen anything to warrant it. Agreed the performance models may look better but people are only expressing their opinions!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #362 on: 19 September 2019, 15:37 »
I've said it before and I'll say it again....

You may have said before, you've said it again, but I've no idea what you're talking about!

image upload by url

It actually looks upset with itself.

You don't see it?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #363 on: 19 September 2019, 15:38 »
^^^ Ahh, yes!  :sad: :sad: :sad: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #364 on: 19 September 2019, 15:50 »
^^^ Ahh, yes!  :sad: :sad: :sad: :laugh:

I tried to edit the taillights to green but I'm at work and I don't have the time.

The front reminds me of Marvin as well, it's quite remarkable that they've managed to make both ends look so depressed

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #365 on: 19 September 2019, 16:44 »
People need to calm down a bit. That's the gte and the base model by all accounts. The GTi and R will look much better. The base models of the mk7 looked a bit  :sick:

Completely agree. I'll make my judgement when I see the finished car. Hardly anyone on here has a non-Performance Golf anyway.

Is anyone getting so animated such that they need to be told to calm down? I've not seen anything to warrant it. Agreed the performance models may look better but people are only expressing their opinions!

Of course people are entitled to express their opinions, and it was never my intention to upset anyone by expressing mine. All i'm saying is that those photos aren't of the finished car, although it appeared to me that we've just had almost 2 full pages of people commenting as if they were.

Only a few more weeks to wait now for official pics, and if it looks no better than the unfinished car in those photos then i'll hold my hand up and admit that i'm disappointed.
7.5 GTD

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #366 on: 19 September 2019, 19:23 »
Last time I checked this was a GTI forum - where people express their opinions on lots of Golf related topics. The Mk8 is bound to cause discussion and all people can go is what we can see as the development of the new car progresses. Yes, it would great if the finalised car appeared right at the start but it doesn't. Yes, most people opinions and judgements will be premature and the finished performance models will no doubt look good or else VW will have massively f@@ked up their best selling model. But people's opinions are just that. I personally don't like the overall shape but guessing the showroom finished GTI will look a lot better. If you don't like what people have to say, move on and read another thread. It's really pretty simple.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #367 on: 19 September 2019, 20:31 »
I was the one who said people need to calm down because no one has seen a performance model of a mk8 yet and everyone's saying the mk8 looks awful etc etc. All I'm saying is wait until the GTi and R images are shown and then we can start being sick and crying about how awful it looks  :grin:
We don't know but hopefully the performance models will look good.
« Last Edit: 19 September 2019, 20:33 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Gtiless

• Here all the time
« Reply #368 on: 19 September 2019, 21:37 »
Im going to trade my 14 plate Gti for a 7.5 TCR next summer I hope-Im not liking the look of the MK8 up to now, although I agree with the comments about we haven't seen a performance version yet. I think I prefer to take my chances with a fully sorted runout model rather than the early "test edition".  :laugh:
« Last Edit: 19 September 2019, 21:52 by Gtiless »

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #369 on: 20 September 2019, 16:25 »
The looks of the MK8 are going to be the least of a buyer’s worries, if the price of the new T-Roc R is anything to go by. £38.5k... before options!  :shocked:
« Last Edit: 20 September 2019, 17:48 by kmpowell »
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.