Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 169201 times)

Online fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #300 on: 10 August 2019, 09:45 »
Those pictures above still look like digital renders to me.

I'd agree because in the other (real) photos you see a wider C pillar and a fatter backside - which is all about the new extra boot
space.

As for it looking like *insert name of other family hatchback* somewhere on here I posted a side on shot of 5 (?) different current models and they are hardly distinguishable between each other at all.

The way of the world it seems.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #301 on: 10 August 2019, 13:12 »
Trust me guys it’s not as ugly as those images  :wink:
So you're saying it's ugly, just not as ugly as the pictures... ;)

Anyone else like me thinking the Mk8 will be to the MK7 what the MK6 was to the MK5... bloated and no different apart from a re-arranged dash and some twiddly bits? As somebody pointed out earlier in this thread VW haven't managed to ever do 2x successful consecutive generations of GTI.  :huh:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #302 on: 10 August 2019, 14:41 »
Trust me guys it’s not as ugly as those images  :wink:
So you're saying it's ugly, just not as ugly as the pictures... ;)

Anyone else like me thinking the Mk8 will be to the MK7 what the MK6 was to the MK5... bloated and no different apart from a re-arranged dash and some twiddly bits? As somebody pointed out earlier in this thread VW haven't managed to ever do 2x successful consecutive generations of GTI.  :huh:

On the plus side we all get to save a shed load of cash and just keep the mk 7/7.5’s we’re all happy with, without casting an envious glance at the mk 8!  :wink:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Crockers

• Not said much yet
« Reply #303 on: 12 August 2019, 22:16 »
Our other car is the new XC60. No buttons all modern touch screen.

I must be getting old as I prefer buttons.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #304 on: 13 August 2019, 20:58 »
https://www.instituteforenergyresearch.org/the-grid/electric-vehicles-in-germany-emit-more-carbon-dioxide-than-diesel-vehicles/

Aside from the removal of exhaust fumes at source this is what been saying all along in that how green is electric overall end to end and answer it seems from this source, it’s not!
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #305 on: 16 August 2019, 19:53 »
Volkswizard just posted this in twitter. Worth a share. Evolution as always.

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline Bullfinch

• Not said much yet
« Reply #306 on: 17 August 2019, 09:47 »
The back end looks good but I still think the front end looks odd
Daily: Mk7.5 GTi PP DSG, Weekend: 911 997 Gen 2 Carrera 4S

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #307 on: 17 August 2019, 13:12 »
That image looks to me like it still has some light camo around the rear lights. Either that or there are some very odd reflections going on.  :undecided:
7.5 GTD

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #308 on: 17 August 2019, 23:18 »
It might be the angle of the shot but the side windows look very MPV like in being slab sided.
Most previous generations of Golf have the windows gently carrying on a taper narrowing in width gradually toward the roof from above the belt line giving a squat and muscular stance.

Hopefully the photo is just a bad angle.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #309 on: 18 August 2019, 12:31 »
It might be the angle of the shot but the side windows look very MPV like in being slab sided.
Most previous generations of Golf have the windows gently carrying on a taper narrowing in width gradually toward the roof from above the belt line giving a squat and muscular stance.

Hopefully the photo is just a bad angle.

This is the only other angle that shows the windows if it’s of any use. Not my photos as said earlier but worth sharing.

Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.