Author Topic: Mk 8 Golf  (Read 171528 times)

Offline king monkey

• I live here
Re: Mk 8 Golf
« Reply #270 on: 05 August 2019, 16:21 »
Now, I know this sounds very far fetched but I was on the m62 today and saw car that was all blacked out with badges covered too. Taillights were partially covered with tape too but my initial though was it was the new polo with mods. On closer inspection it looked very very much like the test miles we’ve seen for the Mk8. As I said, I know this sounds unbelievable but you could clearly see the same design features under what looked like a very plain matte vinyl wrap. Then again, I am getting old.
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #271 on: 05 August 2019, 16:22 »
I don't think there are too many new surprises in this? There have been other non-dazzle paint photos a while back. The dash photo is new but that's exactly how the toe-rag looked too.

The new droopy eyes headlight look is bad still... and go back and look at a side view to see the new J-Lo backside in its glory :D
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #272 on: 05 August 2019, 16:39 »
The new tail lights look good if they do tricks like in the inserted vid, such as warnings etc.

It’d be good if you could program it to do w4nker signs via VCDS for when you have a 3 series four inches from your chuff on a motorway.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #273 on: 05 August 2019, 17:15 »
Undisguised front and back end pictures and a picture of the dash of the Mk8 Golf.

‘Stepped’ rear lights and fake twin exhausts at the rear, and swept back headlamps and slim upper grille at the front - these styling cues could be seen under the camouflage in many of the earlier spy shots. Extra inner creases in the bonnet running from the windscreen to the grille too. Door mirrors mounted lower down on the doors - like the current Seat Leon.

Complete absence of switches and knobs on the actual centre part of the dash / infotainment unit. The image on the infotainment screen looks sharp though, and the higher up position is better IMO than the screen position in the mk7.5 Golf.

https://www.car.blog.br/2019/08/novo-volkswagen-golf-mk8-2020-fotos-sem.html?m=1

If ever there was a good advert for buying a mk7(.5)...

It looks ok actually.
Like a mk7 with an Eos front end conversion!

The dash sure isn't an A-Class beater. Oh dear.

The big reveal must be close if they’re leaking undisguised photos.

I think that dash is nicer than the A-class. Much bigger screen, nice and high up.

Tail lights look cool too. Was only thinking the other day about LED matrix tail lights, now here they are!

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #274 on: 05 August 2019, 17:25 »
I think it looks fine. Certainly no worse than any of its rivals. Whether I could get to grips with all the latest tech or not is another matter  :undecided:
7.5 GTD

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #275 on: 05 August 2019, 17:26 »
Looks like its smartphone app controlled.... i'll bet DOT won't let you do stuff with the lights like that in the UK...

By the way, the other thing I'd hoped to see on the Mk8 was the start of Vehicle-to-Everything (V2X). I guess VW can introduce this over the life of the Mk8.

Some really interesting stuff coming in that...

Have a read of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle-to-everything

The Audi Q4 has the first V2I I have seen - it communicates with traffic lights in certain wired cities.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #276 on: 05 August 2019, 19:07 »
Undisguised front and back end pictures and a picture of the dash of the Mk8 Golf.

‘Stepped’ rear lights and fake twin exhausts at the rear, and swept back headlamps and slim upper grille at the front - these styling cues could be seen under the camouflage in many of the earlier spy shots. Extra inner creases in the bonnet running from the windscreen to the grille too. Door mirrors mounted lower down on the doors - like the current Seat Leon.

Complete absence of switches and knobs on the actual centre part of the dash / infotainment unit. The image on the infotainment screen looks sharp though, and the higher up position is better IMO than the screen position in the mk7.5 Golf.

https://www.car.blog.br/2019/08/novo-volkswagen-golf-mk8-2020-fotos-sem.html?m=1

If ever there was a good advert for buying a mk7(.5)...

It looks ok actually.
Like a mk7 with an Eos front end conversion!

The dash sure isn't an A-Class beater. Oh dear.

The big reveal must be close if they’re leaking undisguised photos.

I think that dash is nicer than the A-class. Much bigger screen, nice and high up.

Tail lights look cool too. Was only thinking the other day about LED matrix tail lights, now here they are!

Oops, that's the Touareg dash. The Golf looks a little different

https://cdn1.autoexpress.co.uk/sites/autoexpressuk/files/2019/05/01_34.jpg

Offline Brenbo

• I live here
« Reply #277 on: 05 August 2019, 19:11 »
Much prefer the touareg dash in that case then.  It is what the golf should be closer to than the photo in Auto Express.  The lights looks better than expected though.  It's shaping to better than initial thoughts. 

Offline Panelpin

• Not said much yet
« Reply #278 on: 05 August 2019, 19:16 »
Now, I know this sounds very far fetched but I was on the m62 today and saw car that was all blacked out with badges covered too. Taillights were partially covered with tape too but my initial though was it was the new polo with mods. On closer inspection it looked very very much like the test miles we’ve seen for the Mk8. As I said, I know this sounds unbelievable but you could clearly see the same design features under what looked like a very plain matte vinyl wrap. Then again, I am getting old.
You may be right VW use the bentley factory  in Crewe as a base , seen a few odd cars in the area

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #279 on: 05 August 2019, 19:57 »
You may be right VW use the bentley factory  in Crewe as a base , seen a few odd cars in the area

Glad someone doesn’t think I’m mad!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.