Author Topic: 'ikkle Help  (Read 4449 times)

Offline richandhazel

• Global Moderator
  • Forum addict
Re:'ikkle Help
« Reply #10 on: 21 April 2004, 18:53 »
That is THE Drew Wagar, check the register, his is the top car ;):-

http://www.campaignregister.co.uk/database/query.php

http://www.campaignregister.co.uk
« Last Edit: 05 May 2004, 09:28 by richandhazel »

Offline drewwagar

• Just got here
« Reply #11 on: 21 April 2004, 19:12 »
That is THE Drew Wager, check the register, his is the top car :-

:D

You made my wife laugh! Then she said "THE Drew Wagar still has to go outside in the rain and empty the rubbish...."

Fame eh?   ::)

Yes, that's my mk1... on telly again soon. Will keep you posted.

Cheers,

Drew.
« Last Edit: 21 April 2004, 19:19 by drewwagar »

Got a Mk1 Golf GTI? Come to an exclusive meet! > http://www.campaignregister.co.uk

Offline vixteris

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 April 2004, 19:38 »
and for those that didnt watch the top gear episode, where the mark 1 gti beat the mark 4 gti - that is the mr drew wagar and his stunning campaign that did it! 8)

thanks for popping over drew and sorting that out for us  ;)
« Last Edit: 21 April 2004, 19:39 by vixteris »

Offline Esolece

• Just got here
« Reply #13 on: 21 April 2004, 19:54 »
Still haven't gone back to seen it too busy with uni stuff, been confined to a PC since 8am till now=/

Drew, it looks exactly like that except for the rust on the sills and the red paint is faded on the bonnet (which will tcut right).

Its not the money being spent to repair it, its the maintenance, i just don't want to be forking out ?50 per month on repairs and needing to convert it too unleaded from 4star (since only garage that sells lrp near me is a 10 minute drive useless if i'm low on fuel lol)

Offline vixteris

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 21 April 2004, 22:10 »
mk.1 on a B reg. are you sure ? I bet my satsumas they stoped in the summer of `83

i win the satsumas  ;) :D ;D

Offline GT-Eye

• Just got here
« Reply #15 on: 21 April 2004, 23:43 »
Its not the money being spent to repair it, its the maintenance, i just don't want to be forking out ?50 per month on repairs and needing to convert it too unleaded from 4star (since only garage that sells lrp near me is a 10 minute drive useless if i'm low on fuel lol)

Old VWs have justified reputation for reliabilty but remember your buying a car that is almost twenty years old. With a car this age its hard to tell how old some of the wearing parts are i.e alternator, radiator, starter, dizzy, fuel pump etc. These are the sort of parts that cost you ?50 upwards. As for unleaded - don't worry all GTIs should have hardened valve seats which means that they are happy with unleaded.  However they do need high octane fuel, this is the only reason for using LRP.  Superleaded is good alternatrive as this has the same 97 Ron octane as LRP.
Make Mine a MK1

Offline 4eyes

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2004, 18:52 »
Yep,satsumas in the post :o
To much the magic bus

Offline carrie

• Here all the time
  • i can see into your soul and its not good
« Reply #17 on: 09 May 2004, 13:55 »
going back to the reg plate for a second the record for plates past their time i knew of was a 1976 honda motorcycle which was still in its delivery crate 14 years later so when it was registered it got a new plate as this was when it was first registered.
a 76 (r) with a 1990 f i think plate on it

SAY YOU LOVE SATIN?, NO SATAN, ITS SATAN

Offline MK1_BOY

• Here all the time
  • Low Low bored out MK1 Golf GTI Campaign.
« Reply #18 on: 17 May 2004, 17:39 »
the mark 1 went upto B reg (1984).

Mk2's started on an "a" plate, seen 3 in my lifetime, very rare so i'll deffinatly be a MK2...  As for the price, you'd be crazy not to get it, even if it only lasts you a year it'll be the best year of driving in your life and your'll always look back on that car as a very fond memory....

My mate got his on a D plate for ?375, lasted him 2 years then he stacked it...  He's had a BMW since but every time he mentions his "Old Golf", which he's for ever comparing to his Bimmer, his face beams with joy....  Thinks he'll kill himself if he gets another one, I'm inclined to agree  ;)
Race ya...