Author Topic: Why MK3  (Read 1158 times)

Offline Rideandy

• Here all the time
Why MK3
« on: 18 September 2006, 22:50 »
Hello .
I picked up my 1st Golf about 4 months ago and im as happy as a pig in sh*t!
I love the mk1 and 2 the mk3 really done it for me.
Whats your views ?
Why the mk3?

cheers

Offline boneybradley

• Forum Supporter
  • Serious forum addict
  • Back in a Mk3...
Re: Why MK3
« Reply #1 on: 19 September 2006, 00:40 »
I looked at mk1 and 2 but wanted something more simple to drive with the mod con's of pas,abs and electric's that work everything..and part's are still easy to get for the mk3..I am looking for a good mk2 gti 16v for a sunday play thing but for the regular drive to work mk3 it must be. (mk4 is not my fave..i drove a few and gave up as there's that many gti version's and non that drove what i call great as i think it was simply a badge engineering process from vw).....
my advice buy a mk3 for everyday and then find a good mk1 or 2 for a simple old school sunday blast

Moderator of The Dub-Tug Squad!! (What some call the MK3 section!)

Full range of quality parts for your Volkswagen available at Oemandmore.co.uk

Offline Bazzer

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 19 September 2006, 07:43 »
Toys - AC, PAS, EW, ESR, EM, Total Closure, Leather, Rare colour......
 :smug:

Bazzer

Offline monkeyalan

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 19 September 2006, 19:29 »
I needed a good solid reliable fast-ish, small -ish car that would last me 4 years with few problems.

touch wood ,so far thats what my mk3 gti's given me.

thought about a polo 16v but heard they're a bit thrashy on th motorway.

love the looks of a mk2 but to old,too high mileage , too much trouble for a day to day car tbh.

Offline Savoury

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 20 September 2006, 17:22 »
'cos I've had a MKI & II so thought I better see what the III had to offer  :tongue:

Same as above though, needed a cheap reliable (touch wood) car with toys and with a bit of a grin factor. Golf ticked all the boxes  :grin:
MKIII Golf GTI 8v

Offline Kamaya

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2006, 11:01 »

For me it was simple.

Cheap parts, cheap insurance, cheap to run, solid build.

Had mk 1's & 2's in my family previously, but wanted more mod-con's such as PAS, electrics etc and my girlfriend had a mk3 cabrio which I love. And I had fallen for the pacific blue. Hence why I travelled over 400 miles one-way to get mine!

...plus there's that boy-ish smile when approaching my parked car thinking 'i've got a golf gti'  :smiley:
"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely"

Offline golfpro

• I live here
  • If in doubt, pay someone else to do it!
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2006, 14:38 »
it was the new gti on the market when my head began to develop its love for petrol. Grew up wanting one, now iv got one (well not a gti but still its a black 3 door mk3 that looks the shiz)

thats the best mk3 ive seen..ever! its just clean and subtle.. :cool:

Offline SAD VR6

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2006, 15:48 »
Grew up on mk1s, I love them and ive had 15 now. I went in my mates VR6 a few years ago and from that point new i wanted one, wasnt till recently i bought one, stroke of luck as the guy down the road put his up for sale and i bought it that day. What a car(apart from little niggles) the tourque is amazing, still love my Mk1s and will always have one but my VR6 is the boll£*ks :grin: :grin:
THE FIRST GUY TO MILK A COW, WHAT THE F*$K WAS HE DOING??????