Author Topic: Front wiper noise.  (Read 1069 times)

Offline CJSmith

• Just got here
Front wiper noise.
« on: 02 July 2020, 21:05 »
Howdy, new member here...

I am really at the end of my tether with my car - 2.0TDI, MK7 Right Hand Drive making a noise from the front wipers.

Its been making this noise for about 18 months or so in which time, I have also replaced the windscreen.

At 40mph, no wiper noise whatsoever though as speed increases the wiper noise increases to ridiculous levels. Almost like a grating noise coming from the lower section of the windscreen on the drivers side.

Ive checked and changed the following

Wiper linkage and motor - replaced with genuine VW parts.
Wiper arms (both sides) - replaced with genuine VW parts.
Wipers - Bosch replaced with Champion

No matter what I do, the noise is irritating at best, infuriating at worst. I got so annoyed, I changed parts with my other MK7 Golf and when the parts were on the other car, no issues were seen. Put them back on my car, noise...

Nothing I have checked or changed has made any difference and I cant physically see what else can be causing this.

Anyone any ideas at all?

Cheers.

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Front wiper noise.
« Reply #1 on: 04 July 2020, 11:46 »
This sounds crazy! Moving it to the mk7 board for input....
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #2 on: 04 July 2020, 12:09 »
Have you checked to see if noise is there when wipers aren’t fitted ? Or is your scuttle panel secure

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 04 July 2020, 13:36 »
Does it happen at all speed settings on the wipers ? Is the car tuned in any way ? Do you have the soundaktor switched on or off ? Is the scuttle panel secure? Is there any foreign body in the way of the linkage ? Have you scanned the car with VCDS/OBD11 for error codes?
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline baka

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 04 July 2020, 16:03 »
Check for resonances and loose parts/fixings in the area surrounding the wiper assembly?

Does it make any noises at a stand still? If it does, you can apply pressure to various panels and parts, to see if the noise goes away.

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 05 July 2020, 09:24 »
Do you have the soundaktor switched on or off ?

My first thought.