Author Topic: ben1.8T - mk4 1.8 turbo  (Read 9034 times)

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
ben1.8T - mk4 1.8 turbo
« on: 05 December 2008, 14:54 »
:)
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
Re: ben1.8T - mk4 1.8 turbo
« Reply #1 on: 05 December 2008, 15:00 »
Cheers JV.

Right picked up my 2001 Golf GTI 1.8T AUM engine code a couple of months ago. Will get some pics up soon. Have so far added the following.

Pipercross Panel filter and smoothed the airbox.
Forge TIP pipe.
Forge 007P.

The Forge TIP has made a massive difference definatly recommended.

Coming after my holiday
R-TEC remap
Miltek cat back exhaust
KW suspension
Neuspeed induction kit
Possibly OZ ultraleggera 18 inch wheels
R-TEC liquid display screen
R32 Rear spoiler

Sounds later.

Watch this space.
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 05 December 2008, 15:28 »

« Last Edit: 05 December 2008, 15:33 by ben1.8T »
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #3 on: 10 December 2008, 10:30 »
Went to AMD yesterday and had the slave cylinder was replaced due to the clutch peddle occasionally sticking down. Then Steve whos a very helpful mechanic and doesnt mind explaining things to you and giving sound advice stuck it on the diagnostics to find out why it was losing power. Came up with 1 fault which said boost leak between dv and filter turned out to be Airflow meter. They quickly go on the phone and within 5 mins a new one had been dropped off. All sorted now.  :cool:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #4 on: 21 December 2008, 14:48 »
More snaps with new wheels that my bestest best mate AlanD took for me today :)

and one of Alans

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #5 on: 06 January 2009, 12:09 »
Car now for sale need to start concentrating on whats important and thats saving money for moving to Australia with the missus cant keep spending money on pointless stuff over here when I should be saving. Advert in the for sale section. Will miss it but needs must.  :smiley:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 19 January 2009, 09:03 »
Quick update keeping the car now. Was speaking to the missus yesterday and if and when we do go Australia she was saying it only costs £1000 to ship cars over there so might even do that when the time comes.

Going Egypt on the 25th but when I get back need to sort the R32 dog bone mount and change both front wheel bearings. Wanna get the remap aswell and then I need to sort a stereo out so I can have my ipod in the car. And decided to take the stickers off as a few people said I should and I actually think it looks much better not sure what I was thinking.   :smiley:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 13 February 2009, 09:32 »
Quick update brought 2 new wheel bearings they are being fitted on Monday. Also got the R32 dogbone mount gonna see if my mate can fit that tommorow. Gotta do an oil and filter change this weekend aswell.  :cool:

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #8 on: 02 March 2009, 13:48 »
Car now for sale advert in for sale section.