Author Topic: Water Leak solved???  (Read 32382 times)

Offline Steve_PD

• Serious forum addict
  • Cruising around in a Land Cruiser
Re: Water Leak solved???
« Reply #20 on: 16 July 2012, 21:08 »
My car was like that.
I took the door card off to see where it was coming from, nothing. Chuff cleaned out the door seal and got a lot of crud out and since then it hasn't been leaking :undecided: not sure what was causing it or what has stopped it but something has as its been fine for 3 weeks now :smiley:
I often wonder why people never expect sarcastic comments from me - they're the only reason I speak...

Offline conor1

• Not said much yet
« Reply #21 on: 17 July 2012, 00:28 »
think i have cured mine the carpet is drying out anyway the nipple on the door was full of dirt and i think the pipe had come off it so put it back together all seems well so far done thr passenger side while i was at it.

also the water drain you are on about at the back bumper you can access this by taking out the back light (drivers side i took out) as i found out when i took my back light out the other day because there is a little water getting into mine it is a fairly big pipe couldnt see it getting blocked to handy i just blew through it to make sure it was clear.

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #22 on: 17 July 2012, 08:23 »
My car was like that.
I took the door card off to see where it was coming from, nothing. Chuff cleaned out the door seal and got a lot of crud out and since then it hasn't been leaking :undecided: not sure what was causing it or what has stopped it but something has as its been fine for 3 weeks now :smiley:

yeh my front nipple had a lot of goose poop in it so cleared is and water running clean, still have a puddle that would but most olympic swimming pools to shame in the back but it is drying, newspaper seems to do the job soaking up anything thats there.

the car will be pulled apart this weekend and a album of photos will be posted  :nerd:

thats if the weather keeps

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM

Offline GTi_James

• I live here
« Reply #23 on: 17 July 2012, 19:03 »
My car was like that.

yeh my front nipple had a lot of goose poop in it so cleared is and water running clean, still have a puddle that would but most olympic swimming pools to shame in the back but it is drying, newspaper seems to do the job soaking up anything thats there.

the car will be pulled apart this weekend and a album of photos will be posted  :nerd:

thats if the weather keeps

update: advise to role down windows and return them to the up position, if they return wet then theres a leak in the door card too which means off with everything you can think of and cleaning out everything you have to find this bugger!

ohhhh the woes of owning a GTi...but they are exceedingly catchy cars  :smug:

Mk4 Golf 1.8t AUM, Wintersports Addition. PiperX panel filter, 008p Forge DV, Toyosports DP 3", Miltek Anni Style CatBack non resonated, APR Sport CAT 200Cell, Catch Can RS4 Reps 18s, OEM R32 front and OEM