Author Topic: Android auto nav using ordnance survey maps  (Read 1722 times)

Offline nigeldodd

• Not said much yet
Android auto nav using ordnance survey maps
« on: 22 May 2018, 11:23 »
Has anybody found a way of projecting an ordnance survey map on the central display using Android Auto?

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Re: Android auto nav using ordnance survey maps
« Reply #1 on: 22 May 2018, 19:06 »
Is there a vehicle navigation app using their data available?
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline nigeldodd

• Not said much yet
« Reply #2 on: 23 May 2018, 10:29 »
So far as I understand there are apps that show OS mapping but not all apps will integrate with Android Auto. I don't know what special permissions an app needs to integrate with Android Auto.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 08 June 2018, 09:46 »
Not relating to the maps, however i have the car booked in for tomorrow to get App Connect installed so i can use the AA on the head unit however, i have been using it directly on the phone the last week and annoyingly it wont play out loud any messages that come in the wee dots circle for a few seconds and then it goes back to the music, i have googled this and its a known issue, i have tried to go back to previous google version and it wont work - has anyone else had this and overcome it ? the whole point in me forking out £200 tomorrow for App Connect is so i can get the whats app/messenger messages over the head unit as my kids use these apps - can anyone help before i pay for something which is going to end up being pointless and a waste of money

I have a S8 which has been updated etc

Thanks

Jen