Author Topic: Strange Camera Set-Up off Junction 26 - Nottingham. What are they?  (Read 1255 times)

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
Just drove down the A610 off Junction 26 before you get to ikea. What the hell are those little cameras at the side of road?

They are small CCTV like cameras with just a single unit. They look like SPEC cameras but are slightly smaller and without the sensors on the side. The lens when it reflects in the headlights are infrared I think as you can see lots of red circles in the reflection. They are grey in colour and mounted on road signs at about waist-head height if you were stood next to them. The main bunch seems to be one at the side of the road, two in the central reservation and one at the other side of the road.

Further down there's one on its own mounted quite high to the side of a pole.

Before you get to these cameras they have the double black "ropes" over the road which I believe measure the amount of cars that drive over them? So not sure if these are related to speed.

I've just never seen this setup before and they seemed to get thrown up overnight.

Any ideas?
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

MK7 Golf R - Lapiz Blue, 5 Door, DSG, Carbon Nappa, Discover Nav Pro.

Offline logeyboy

• Here all the time
I saw these also on Tuesday when I was sat in Traffic.
On the central reservation on the A610 out of Notts.
No idea either.

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline logeyboy

• Here all the time
Yes, but it doesn't always give you what you're looking for. Proven by your link...

:smiley:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
Just drove down the A610 off Junction 26 before you get to ikea. What the hell are those little cameras at the side of road?

The cameras will be installed on a stretch of the motorway between junction 25 and 26.

The cameras are the same as those already in place but will be able to be installed on poles on the side of the road rather than on the gantry where they are currently located.

:huh:

You realise the image is just stock photography of a GATSO, not the new cameras?
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here

The cameras will be installed on a stretch of the motorway between junction 25 and 26.

The cameras are the same as those already in place but will be able to be installed on poles on the side of the road rather than on the gantry where they are currently located.

:huh:

You realise the image is just stock photography of a GATSO, not the new cameras?

You do realise the cameras are on the A610 itself and not on the M1 as I stated in my post.

No need to be like that mate ;)
Current - MK7 Golf GTI - Tornado Red, 5 Door, DSG, Performance Pack, Dynamic Chasis Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Discover Navigation, Dynaudio.

On Order - MK7 Golf R - Pearlescent Black, 3 Door, DSG, Vienna Leather, Discover Nav Pro, Rear View Camera, High Beam Assist, Keyless Entry, Dynaudio (Tech Pack)

All gone.

Now;

Offline Adam

• Forum addict

Down Hill From Here.

Offline Mr Savage

• I live here
I hope not..does make you wonder though.

What is this country coming to when they have to invest so much money on catching a motorist doing an extra 5mph on a dual carriageway that had no pavements, no buildings, has two lanes and is divided by a concrete central reservation... It's just getting silly now. Use that money solving real crime.

All gone.

Now;