Author Topic: Storm abrewing I hear?  (Read 1982 times)

Offline gazareth

• I live here
Re: Storm abrewing I hear?
« Reply #10 on: 27 October 2013, 12:09 »
It's been pretty windy here all night but has calmed down now, but you know what they say...
nope. what do they say? :huh:

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 27 October 2013, 12:29 »
Calm before the storm?
Two birds in one hand?
A rock and a hard place?
There she blows :lipsrsealed:

Getting windy on the hill Tescoos was busy, took five minutes to get in, took 45mins to get out of the parking, dam it must buy supplies before the big storm so I can survive one day of not leaving the house OMG  :evil:
Only wanted some fags  :whistle:

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #12 on: 27 October 2013, 13:36 »
We need to go and get some stuff because.... we're low on supplies for the coming week.

Not looking forward to it.

Pondering whether to get some pegs and try and secure our 12' trampoline or whether I should just see how far it manages to get...
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #13 on: 27 October 2013, 13:50 »
Pondering whether to get some pegs and try and secure our 12' trampoline or whether I should just see how far it manages to get...

Shall we have a sweepstake?

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline Wazzzer

• 10k hero
  • Golf GTI 1.8T AGU
« Reply #14 on: 27 October 2013, 13:51 »
Calm before the storm?

Yep, it's now back to being windy again

1999 1.8T: R-Tech remap - 225bhp/256lb/ft : K03s : THS FMIC : THS PCR pipe : 2.5" stainless exhaust : THS FR3 Engine mounts : G60/VR6 clutch : Calibra Yellow injectors : VR6 MAF : Devils Own WMI : Forge 007p : Carbonio CAI : Leon Cupra R Brembos : FK AK Street coilovers : Votex skirts : Anniversary front : click ---> http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=92175

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 27 October 2013, 16:10 »
We need to go and get some stuff because.... we're low on supplies for the coming week.

Not looking forward to it.

You might get the brunt DH I've used some old quarry rocks to keep my stuff down TBF a 100 MPH wind will catch anything like tarpins like a sail no matter what you do?

Offline VR6Lee

• Not said much yet
  • Women love duct tape
« Reply #16 on: 27 October 2013, 19:56 »
Got back from Ilses of Scilly, two days later as the Scillonian III couldn't leave Penzance harbour due to the weather. Looks like it will be cancelled again on Monday. That crossing  :laugh: :sick:

Offline mini7racer

• Just got here
« Reply #17 on: 28 October 2013, 19:24 »
Was watching bits of the weather end of last week saying all of the uk was going to be battered this weekend...then it was all change, up here in the midlands it was a bit breezy and rained hard at times but it was all over by lunch time.. Very odd driving home with clear sky's no wind and bone dry listening to the traffic reports on the radio saying how it was chaos down south

Offline Diamond Hell

• Serious forum addict
  • Opinions я Us
« Reply #18 on: 29 October 2013, 07:21 »
Trampoline didn't move.  I dropped the catch netting, snuggled it up to the shed and dug our two garden forks in over the legs.  That stopped it from wandering around.

Parents lost a garage - tree fell and hooked it up. We had quite a lot of trees down across the IOW but nothing terribly exciting.
Just because you're offended doesn't make you right.

Holiday cottages on the Isle of Wight for 2-10 people? PM me.

Offline clipperjay

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 29 October 2013, 08:57 »
A few branches cleared off the roads a 12ft wall got knocked down not far from me two large trees was leaning on it causing it to go over.
Went to work and no cars in the city guess loads of trains got cancelled and west country got hit hard.
Was not too bad better than expected bins knocked over and my Japanese maple tree lost all its red and orange leaves.
Shame to hear about the young girl who lost her life though.  :cry: