Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2779636 times)

Offline Jeff Wood

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8630 on: 18 June 2018, 13:28 »
Ar899...

I didn't notice any difference in the exhaust noise so I wouldn't worry about that.

And yes..after reading about the improved fuel economy and smoother dsg gear changes I'm now back to wishing I had bought a PP :)

Just buy one.. .you won't regret it :)
2018 Golf GTI. 3 Door. DSG. Tornado Red.
Eibach Pro Kit. OZ Hyper GT HLT Wheels. (18x8, ET50).
Forge 11mm spacers on rear wheels. 5mm on fronts.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8631 on: 18 June 2018, 14:56 »
Were you slow speed manoeuvring or actually driving?

Just reverse parking, but doing so fairly quickly :)

Ok, thats maneuver braking then and works off of the parking sensors, which are ultrasonic.

Remember with these that sometimes it sees things that aren't really a problem (things like one stinging nettle hanging out of a bush) but equally because its ultrasonic,  it doesn't react too fast... if you go a little too fast, it won't see it until you hit it or if something appears (like someone pushing a shopping trolley behind you in the supermarket) it won't spot it for a little while.

I once reversed into something (and damaged the car) because of the delay - it wasn't moving, I was just going too fast!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #8632 on: 18 June 2018, 16:38 »
So saw a neighbour washing his van next to my car then throw the dirty water over his van, hitting my passenger door, had to go do something but when I came back he’d used his dirty, grubby sponge to wipe my door down (my car was dirty after just getting back from a 650 mile trip) now there’s dirty great swipe markes all over the door, and it looks like a lot of scratches, motherf🤬r

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8633 on: 18 June 2018, 18:07 »
I'd be telling him in future thanks but don't touch my car at all. I'm sure he meant well but politely ask him to just leave it or even better knock on your door and tell you.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #8634 on: 18 June 2018, 18:22 »
I left a note on his car, so he knocked and I told him you don’t 🤬 touch another mans car, then he pulled out a old dishcloth and said I only used this, he couldn’t understand when I said your having a 🤬 laugh ain’t you, then he tried telling me he was trying to do me a favour, yes a 🤬🤬🤬🤬 expensive favour you 🤬 🛎 end

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8635 on: 18 June 2018, 20:09 »
Your probably asking for trouble now if you spoke to him like that. Take it you or him haven't lived next to each other that long?

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #8636 on: 18 June 2018, 20:19 »
A few years, but he’s not English, and you gotta learn you don’t mess with a mans motor 😬

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8637 on: 18 June 2018, 23:17 »
Well yes but maybe not as you've done  :grin:

Offline weytf

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8638 on: 19 June 2018, 08:38 »
Alternatively, acknowledge that the dude was trying to do the right thing, and that you acted like an as***le?

Christ.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8639 on: 19 June 2018, 09:06 »
^^^^^^

What he just said.

I would have got the DA out and made sure he was around when I was doing it, but not say anything unless he came over to talk to me. Even then, I would only subtly hint that I was taking out the scratches that he unknowingly inflicted.

Not everyone appreciates cars in the way that people who talk about them to strangers on the internet do. We are a rare breed that few people will ever understand, so we shouldn't force our views on them in an aggressive manor. It won't end well. 
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.