Author Topic: Diablo 3  (Read 4398 times)

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
Re: Diablo 3
« Reply #10 on: 17 May 2012, 17:45 »
I bought the game and to cut a long story short I can't even play on it!

Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided that in order to play the game, even single player, you just have a contant internet connection.  Unfortunately as I'e moved house I've no broadband until mid June.  I can't even INSTALL the game.

So at the moment I'm the proud owner of a £40 paper weight  :angry:

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #11 on: 17 May 2012, 17:49 »

Blizzard in their infinite wisdom decided that in order to play the game, even single player, you just have a contant internet connection.  Unfortunately as I'e moved house I've no broadband until mid June.  I can't even INSTALL the game.

Come again? Your PC has to be turned on and hooked up to the internet 24/7. I do not get what you are saying  :undecided:

Offline Dan_GTi8v

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 18 May 2012, 18:18 »
this is the way a lot of pc games are going nowadays, its to combat piracy. you must be connected to the internet to play so it can constantly check your game is registered and not a copy or something along those lines
20vt conversion, sig pic coming soon!

Build thread http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=167291.0

Offline Jay

• Forum addict
  • balding fat cvnt
Passat B5.5 2.3 V5 170, with all the extras.

Want some online storage? Click here to sign up for a Dropbox account.

But for the purest engine experience, displacement has no replacement. All other methods are simply attempts to artificially recreate the benefits of displacement.

Blazing Storm

« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2012, 21:13 »

Didn't know Blizzard are doing that too now. I know Ubisoft require you to be connected to the internet to play their games now, hence why I won't buy another of their games until/if they rethink their DRM.

It's ridiculous to expect people to be connected to the internet just to play a single player game. A connection drop at either end and you're stuck.

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #15 on: 19 May 2012, 10:05 »
I can't even install the game either as it needs to download hefty amounts of data from the Internet and I'm currently on a 3G dongle!

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #16 on: 20 May 2012, 13:53 »
I can't even install the game either as it needs to download hefty amounts of data from the Internet and I'm currently on a 3G dongle!

I would be in the same posistion as you. Rocking a 3G dongle too...Shame. I am heading home this weekend coming so will pop round a mates who has it!

VW BUSH

« Reply #17 on: 21 May 2012, 14:00 »
Great game, even though the server had issues all weekend.
You dont need to buy anything for the game unless you want to be Scene, cant blame the game producers if folks will pay for special stuff rather than root around and find stuff in the odd dungeon here and there.
Still, all of this genre of games lack the brutal kill moves and blood lust I have become attached to.
Just like Skyrim, I dont think it will get past about 150 hours before I go back to something a little harder and more involving... we shall see.

Blazing Storm

« Reply #18 on: 22 May 2012, 11:09 »

Offline scarr89

• I live here
  • Mk4 Golf, DERV FTW!
« Reply #19 on: 22 May 2012, 11:14 »
Uh oh... :sad:

I am really looking forward to playing it this weekend!