Author Topic: Really loud turbo whistle after full miltek system.  (Read 2325 times)

Offline lemski

• Forum addict
  • 16v
Re: Really loud turbo whistle after full miltek system.
« Reply #10 on: 14 February 2017, 00:02 »
My a4 when it snapped the turbo shaft in half grinded. The new turbo on boost whistle like f**k but obvously theres no play what so ever.
Its perspective of a noise i think.

Offline gazareth

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 20 February 2017, 20:14 »
I don't think the seals were worn it was not passing oil just a constant whistle noise mates van dose it too that's quite modded. He said it's normal when he herd it I only questioned it as normally any loud noise that isn't an on boost type noise is an issue as for on idle it should not make any noise going buy all the turbos I've dealt with. New one is silent. My sierra had a gt3076 before it came apart for its new engine. That sounded like you was using a grinder hard on boost lol other than that it was silent
it wouldn't pass oil if the feed pipe gauze was clogged up. but in saying that, the turbo wouldn't last 5 minutes either :shocked:

Offline Ajamesc

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12 on: 20 February 2017, 21:32 »
It was passing oil not a massive amount certainly seen worse. That owl noise you hear about and see on google vids or continues light whistle how ever you explain it is an odd one. Mates dose it but the new turbo pulls better than the old ever did and is completely silent as a tiny little turbo running hardly any boost should be