Author Topic: MaXXeH - GTI  (Read 32219 times)

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
Re: MaXXeH - GTI
« Reply #10 on: 19 December 2011, 15:11 »
I never updated this ... but the remap got sorted out..

Info from nick him self....

A bit of a task this Mk5 GTi with S3 turbo/injectors and HPFP. 
The hard part was getting the fuel constant via the air flow correct so the fuel trims are within reason,and the injectors not dumping fuel as the turbo is spooling.  Step1 re-scale injectors on a stock map and set the rail pressure maps to work with the HPFP, this took around days of trial and error testing and logging.  Next step was to tame the boost and make sure I had full control, the first thing I noticed with running the k04 on the k03 mapping was that under load at higher rpms the boost would creep off the scale, I would ask for around 2250mb, the ecu would ask for the correct load and boost but becuase of the k03 n75 mapping being on a lower scale the n75 realted maps would allow too much duty cycle.  So it was another 2 days getting the boost correct and with in maps sensor range and having the n75 act for the k04,  it got the the point that the actual boost was running 200mb below the requested line... at this point I had safe control so time to wind the n75 up in increments to give a little spool up over boost which just clipped the 2580mb map sensor and fall back to the requested boost 2400-2300mb. Next task was timing nice and easy to get a base point as the S3 timing maps and scales fitted in place nice..   now just a matter of keep adding the timing in until the ecu started to pull back on the correction of the car stopped making any more power.

I have really enjoyed doing this job as I was taking a lot on doing it, but knew with enough time I could get it bang on. I had no aim of chasing peak numbers, just a car that pulled and pulled like a bitach to the red line.

The final result was 335bhp 310lbft @270.25gs..... £80 woth of fuel used on the dyno and road.

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #11 on: 19 December 2011, 15:16 »
I has some problem with the car misfiring due to the plugs.  So nick got the car back to play with.

I also got him to install my water meth kit.

Also to install a Forge DV and decat :smiley:

and these

You have to keep nick busy  :rolleyes:

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #12 on: 02 April 2012, 17:49 »
Well i have forgot to up date this,  but i will add some bits

Got the car back from nick and it was epic  :evil:

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #13 on: 02 April 2012, 17:49 »
Well my new clutch and light fly wheel come today  ( Just need to wait for the LSD  :fighting:)

I also went and collected some cheap KW V3

Going to install  S3 rear brakes and Audi TT wishbones tomorrow as long as it don’t bloody rain!

Offline MaXXeH

• I live here
  • Golf MK5 GTI
« Reply #14 on: 22 October 2012, 13:56 »
dont really use this much and is missing loads but i will show the final out come.

--

small update

Well I popped to r-tech for a couple of days for some testing to find out really what this turbo can do with WMI!

We started off by setting up launch control at 4k but it was abit of an epic fail, the car has way too much power and just sits there!  So I asked nick to have a look into limiting the power in 1&2nd to see  if we could get a good launch!  (still in testing)

The next fun part was seeing what we could get out of the old girl!   The car was producing good power 380hp/400ftlb but the turbo was tailing off so much at the top end!  (like normal)  So went about adjusting the actuator on the turbo .  We found it nearly made 50hp on the stop end! but you lose it down low but that suites me.

The next problem was we were getting a dip at 5800rpm then it would pick back up at 6200. Logged the LPFP and it was dropping to 3.9bar :(   So I got the latest revision from TPS “1K0 919 051 DB” + new fuel filter it was then holding 4.2 bar  so it is better but will need an inline fuel pump!!

Also just a fyi  the car made an extra 12hp and 10bhp just buy installing a new fuel pump and filter!  (might be something to look into?)

In the end we left the car with some more testing required, but this was the end power result!  Good show for a standard k04 and WMI!!

Must thank nick for a epic car :driver: