Author Topic: ‘Website Not Secure’ warning since updating to Apple software version IOS 11.3  (Read 2316 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Updated my iPad to software version IOS 11.3 yesterday and when I go to the forum logon screen now, I get a ‘Website Not Secure’ warning message in the address bar at the top of the screen when I’m inputting my forum name and password. Didn’t get this warning before updating to the latest software version, and I’m not getting this warning on any other forums I’m a member on when I log on.

Have any other iPad users noticed this? Is there a security issue with the forum?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

physio

Yes . I just logged out and logged in again on my i pad
, same result big red  website not secure notice   .??????

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Just found this on the Apple website;

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208672

To Forum administrators; any action required by yourselves to make the forum secure/safe?
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

physio

We shall await a rely  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline jv

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
Oh rely?  :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

The warning is because the site doesn't have a ssl certificate installed and hence no https address. This has been the case for the last 16 years. In late 2017 Google and now Apple starting making more of a thing of this and putting 'not secure' in the browser title bar. Sure, it's a big deal for your banking site and any ecommerce but for a forum - much less so.
Buy site stuff!
GolfGTI.co.uk - merchandise

Support the forum charity!
Forum Charity

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Thanks jv for clarifying.  :smiley:
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk

Offline ajmoir36

• I live here
So, basically if you use this site make sure the password and username is not the same as other sites, email, banking sites e.t.c.

If you are in a hotel or on a foriegn wif-fi your username/password will be transmited unencrypted accross the network which makes it succeptible to interception.
Diagonally parked in a parallel universe.
On Order: Mk8 R, Pure White, Reversing Camera, Harmon Kardon, Heated seats all round.
Gone: Mk7.5 R, 5dr, DSG, Deep Pearl Black, 18” Cadiz, Nav, Winter Pack, Keyless, Dynaudio and Reversing camera.
Gone: Mk7 R, 5dr, DSG, Limestone Grey, 19" Pretoria's, Nav Pro, DCC, Winter Pack, Keyless, Mobile Prep and Reversing Camera.
Gone: Mk6 GTD, 5dr, Manual, Tornado Red, 18" Vancouvers, RCD510 + Dynaudio, heated seats.

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
Oh great, now I can't do my internet banking from the Mk7 section   :sad:
BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints