Author Topic: ACC without lane assist - Active Info Display car and lane graphic query  (Read 3925 times)

Offline SlickR

• Just got here
Hello

On some very rare occasions, when using ACC, I get another lane of traffic with another car which appears to the right of mine.

I dont have lane assist or traffic jam assist and this only happens occassionally when on motorways.

Does anyone know why this appears and what it means?

Thanks

« Last Edit: 04 May 2018, 11:55 by SlickR »

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
ACC on the Mk7.5 detects traffic in the lane outside of you and prevents undertaking.

Neat feature actually.

Shame it doesn't seem to work when you drive on the continent and have the lights set for driving on the right... still those Euro sorts don't seem to care about undertaking!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Don76

• Not said much yet
A quick tap of the throttle allows you to ignore the car in the outside lane and continue undertaking. Helpful if leaving motorway for example.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Yeah you can override ACC anyway with throttle input - eg its set to 70mph but suddenly for "safety reasons" you need to achieve slightly more, just boot it.

When you come off of the throttle it slows back down to whatever it was set to before.

You can ever override the speed limiter (if you ever use it) by kicking down beyond that notchy bit at the bottom of the throttle pedal travel. Through that gate and it ignores the speed limit set.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC