Author Topic: GTD Tornado Red  (Read 29093 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: GTD ordered
« Reply #10 on: 04 October 2014, 21:17 »
There are some pictures about the Sport & Sound here
http://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=259570.msg2458612#msg2458612

which leads to a video of the sound it makes here
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/phazer_mig/media/Golf/20140526_172305_zpsf0058359.mp4.html

I'll miss this when I get another car!
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 07 October 2014, 12:37 »
Order has been confirmed as being placed via Leeds Volkswagen - nice email directly from them today
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline Talizman73

• Just got here
« Reply #12 on: 10 October 2014, 13:09 »
Hi Phope,

I placed my order with Nuneaton VW on the same day...would be interesting to see who's arrives first!

What lead-time where you given?

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 10 October 2014, 18:45 »
Late Jan/early Feb

Offline runningman35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #14 on: 10 October 2014, 20:18 »
I'm sure it will be worth the wait!

I just got confirmation yesterday my car gets delivered next Thursday, yippee, feels like a long time coming, and can't wait to get out of company pool car, an Aventis 2.0d which seems to have been designed with a set square, and scratch and sniff plastic parts that pull off in your hands, including a screw on gear knob that unthreads itself when you change gear!
 :smiley:
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG 3 Dr, DB Pearl, Brescia 19”, Dynaudio Excite, Art Velour SS, DCC

Previous: Mk7 GTD 5 dr, TR, Basic NAV, Dynaudio, ACC, Winter Pack, Sport & Sound Pack, Heated W/screen, Advanced Tel Pack

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 10 October 2014, 21:03 »
I don't blame you  :grin:

As I can't drive until January anyway for medical reasons, anything will be better than walking and overcrowded trains!

Offline runningman35

• Not said much yet
« Reply #16 on: 10 October 2014, 23:15 »
Must make the wait even worse taking the train all the time, never mind - plenty of time to read evo or other mags about tuning, wheels etc..

Now thinking about winter tyres as sold last set with spare wheels when got rid of mk5 gti, damit!   :angry:
Current: Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG 3 Dr, DB Pearl, Brescia 19”, Dynaudio Excite, Art Velour SS, DCC

Previous: Mk7 GTD 5 dr, TR, Basic NAV, Dynaudio, ACC, Winter Pack, Sport & Sound Pack, Heated W/screen, Advanced Tel Pack

Offline BarneyBarnett

• Just got here
« Reply #17 on: 22 October 2014, 13:37 »
Just ordered my new company car. I have never had a VW before but after test driving the Volvo V40 D4 190 R Design and the GTD it was an easy(ish) decision.

I have ordered the GTD in black with the following options: Leather w.heated seats, Discoverer Sat Nav, Rear parking camera (bit of a whim that one) and high beam assist. Having read other posts i have just contacted the fleet company to see if i can reverse out the rear camera (excuse the pun) and add the Sport and Sound pack - fingers crossed.

Stock date is showing as 19th January but as the order only went in yesterday this may not be particularly reliable.
GTD with Leather, Nav, Camera, headlight assist, Sport and Sound Pack

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 22 October 2014, 16:38 »
Sport & Sound or camera?
That's a tricky one. Camera was my first option, in fact VW ran out of cameras and you couldn't spec it on the car for a while and I know a few folk on here delayed their order to wait until it came back into supply, me included. Its an option you will probably use every journey and for the price of it is a steal. It would always be my first option on a new car and one I really missed when I defected to Audi for a while.

Sport & Sound I added for more as a gimmick and must admit I am impressed with the growl it gives off. If I was buying another car I would also add something similar if it was available and miss it if the new car didn't have it.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #19 on: 22 October 2014, 18:12 »
Ditch the leather as it's not really leather spec the camera and sport and sound and if you really want heated seats spec them. It'll still be cheaper than leather option.
« Last Edit: 23 October 2014, 07:42 by mcmaddy »
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.