Author Topic: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?  (Read 316580 times)

Offline redpoppies

• Just got here
Re: GTI Build Dates - Anyone got one yet?
« Reply #2160 on: 18 September 2013, 21:34 »
I collected my GTi from ListersVW in Nuneaton today. For the record that is 23 weeks since I ordered and 11+ weeks later than the order delivery/commitment date. I did get a bunch of flowers though! Thank you to all on this forum for their information and support. It did help to know I was not alone.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2161 on: 18 September 2013, 21:54 »
I collected my GTi from ListersVW in Nuneaton today. For the record that is 23 weeks since I ordered and 11+ weeks later than the order delivery/commitment date. I did get a bunch of flowers though! Thank you to all on this forum for their information and support. It did help to know I was not alone.

Pics?!?!
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2162 on: 20 September 2013, 08:30 »
Well, I've been waiting for mine since April and now I've cancelled the order. It's still not been built (BW37) and I simply can not wait another month for it (no indication of real build date). This has me so bloody angry I can't tell you. Will not buy another VW product again after this charade. I can get a hand built Morgan faster than this in fact almost any car on the planet.

If anyone wants a cancelled order PP manual, 3dr, Oryx White, Big Nav, 18", Parking Cam, ACC etc contact me and I'll tell you who to speak to and where it is.

VW factory if you give a sh!t - massive fail, sort yourselves out.  :angry:

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2163 on: 20 September 2013, 08:38 »
Pics?!?!

Pic of the flowers or the car?  :whistle:
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2164 on: 20 September 2013, 08:43 »
Lagerlout:  what’s on the cards for you now? Stick with what you have or something else in mind?

BW37 – so close yet so far. If they are only 2 weeks behind and you live reasonably close to a receiving port then another month would probably be just about viable if they didn’t hang around with the shipping. When you wait so long for a car you expect it to at least be built to schedule, can’t see why VW would rather delay a 5 month wait GTD/GTI 2 weeks when they could ensure it is built to schedule by bumping a standard Golf 2 weeks instead, which has probably only waited 8 weeks to build. SE/GT are getting built and delivered within 12 weeks right now.

Offline Lagerlout

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2165 on: 20 September 2013, 08:52 »
12 weeks? FFS. That makes me even more mad, really.  :lipsrsealed:

Don't know what I'm looking for now. Still a bit angry to make a proper decision. ;) I do have the luxury of choice and the GTI was always a bit of a whim for me as I'd alway just wanted one. But this experience has totally turned me off to the brand. I think I will go back to some big barge as I spend most of my time tooling up the motorway going to see customers. I don't do massive mileage, but my trips are normally 400+ odd miles and 6-10 hours in the car.
« Last Edit: 20 September 2013, 08:55 by Lagerlout »

Offline JohnP

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #2166 on: 20 September 2013, 09:08 »
Well, I've been waiting for mine since April and now I've cancelled the order. It's still not been built (BW37) and I simply can not wait another month for it (no indication of real build date). This has me so bloody angry I can't tell you. Will not buy another VW product again after this charade. I can get a hand built Morgan faster than this in fact almost any car on the planet.

If anyone wants a cancelled order PP manual, 3dr, Oryx White, Big Nav, 18", Parking Cam, ACC etc contact me and I'll tell you who to speak to and where it is.

VW factory if you give a sh!t - massive fail, sort yourselves out.  :angry:

I'm in the same position. Unbuilt bw37 and ordered in April. The excitement of my order has just been turned into anger and frustration. Buying a new car isn't supposed to be like this .............

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2167 on: 20 September 2013, 09:26 »
I think I will go back to some big barge as I spend most of my time tooling up the motorway going to see customers.

Sounds like you want an Audi A4/A6 or BMW 5 series – there’ve been some great deals lately if buying new. “Hotukdeals” had a deal posted with about 27% discount on a variety of A6 models recently.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #2168 on: 20 September 2013, 09:27 »
The excitement of my order has just been turned into anger and frustration. Buying a new car isn't supposed to be like this .............

If you can hang in there the car is a belter when you finally get it. My delay frustrations are a distant memory now (I’m sure most people who have recently got theirs, like MB can also attest to this).

My BW33 car that was bult in BW35 has been with me just over a week now. A BW37 car built 2 weeks late and shipped/delivered to similar timescales as mine was should be with you in less than a month.

Offline matchboy

• I live here
« Reply #2169 on: 20 September 2013, 10:39 »
The excitement of my order has just been turned into anger and frustration. Buying a new car isn't supposed to be like this .............

If you can hang in there the car is a belter when you finally get it. My delay frustrations are a distant memory now (I’m sure most people who have recently got theirs, like MB can also attest to this).

My BW33 car that was bult in BW35 has been with me just over a week now. A BW37 car built 2 weeks late and shipped/delivered to similar timescales as mine was should be with you in less than a month.

I certainly can.  The amount of phone calls, emails etc etc that I've done over the last 5 months is ridiculous - and also the anger, frustration and general 'p!ssed off ness' of the whole process was wearing me down.  24 weeks of it.

But - it is worth it in the end, I promise.  You will not be disappointed.
Audi RS5 2018
Gone: BMW M4 LCI Competition Package
Previous: Mk 3 Audi TTS, Porsche 981 Cayman S, Mk 7 Golf R, Mk 7 GTI, Mk 6 GTI, Mk 5 GTI and so on....