Author Topic: classic 'im 17 help me' thread... and a rant...  (Read 7235 times)

Offline shinsean-jetta

• Just got here
Re: classic 'im 17 help me' thread... and a rant...
« Reply #50 on: 07 October 2008, 21:28 »
ay up!!

i got a quote online with direct line

i know the feelin as im also 17 an waitin for me first test

im have a mk2 jetta in my drive 1.3

the cheepest quote is about 1751

i got that last night on direct line but that is without suspention an mods

i just say
its worth it!!

Offline ben1.8T

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 08 October 2008, 08:39 »
Ive always thought Direct line were expensive but they did do a good job sorting that woman out that side swipped me and then lied and said she had a witness.  :angry:
Golf SOLD. Replaced with a Yamaha Raptor 660 quad and loving it. This will be replaced in August with a Raptor 700. Sold the quad now got a Vectra GSI 2.5 V6 and its the nuts.

Brands Hatch massive. MEMBERSHIP ACCEPTED!

Offline ichbintk

• Not said much yet
« Reply #52 on: 13 October 2008, 02:24 »
Mate I'm haven't looked through all the posts so don't know if this has been mentioned but try moneysupermarket (dunno if we can use links but type it into google). I've had a mk3 1.8 since I passed my test (3rd time) at 17. Named driver with direct line on my dads ins. (3pft) 1st year was £1300, this year £8/900 (can't remember) but the quote on moneysupermarket was cheaper in my name (for renewal) than being a named driver on my dads with direct line (prices went up on there (by about £200) as a named driver again on my dads rather than me being main driver with dad as named). Give it a try - you'll be surprised (they quoted me £1800 for 3rd party fire + theft on an '03 bmw m3 with me as main, dad as named and 2 yrs no claims (mine) and only one speeding fine on my dads). It's actually ridiculous (sp.?) but you'll be surprised. Try all the ins. comparison sites because it'll save you hundreds (or thousands??) as a young driver - especially on a 1.3.
Good luck with the quotes - hope this helps.

Offline shinsean-jetta

• Just got here
« Reply #53 on: 14 October 2008, 20:26 »
good news
if you have one years no claims
brentacre has quoted me 1400 on a gti! mk1
at 18
any mods e.g. wheels, suspention ect