Author Topic: classic 'im 17 help me' thread... and a rant...  (Read 7236 times)

Offline samjac68

• GTI forum regular
Re: classic 'im 17 help me' thread... and a rant...
« Reply #20 on: 09 August 2008, 13:20 »
lancaster insurance-
 £ 7417.49 please view quote  GROUPAMA Optima 10 Click Here to Go To Quote 
  £ 7907.08 120 B-D Z1 - 7.5 Click Here to Go To Quote 
  £ 7954.85 please view quote  GROUPAMA Optima 12.5 Click Here to Go To Quote 
  £ 8125.72 120 B-D Z1 - 10
 :grin: :grin: :grin:

why do they even bother, why not just say 19+? would save me wasting my time  :undecided:

any others? :laugh:

Not got a golf yet! did have a 1.6 driver plan to have another project car soon ;)

Offline Ashley

• I live here
« Reply #21 on: 09 August 2008, 14:45 »
I don't know if this has already been said, but if you're naming your nan as the main driver, but it's your car and you're primarily driving it, it's know as fronting and can lead to instant suspension of your policy.

I'd defo try and get your own policy for the no claims etc..

Offline samjac68

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #22 on: 09 August 2008, 15:12 »
it has been said yeah, i dont particularly want to but im looking at saving a grand and i still get my no claims bonus with direct line, and my nan doesnt insure any other cars and the car will be in her name so they cant say that im the main driver. :huh:

Not got a golf yet! did have a 1.6 driver plan to have another project car soon ;)

Offline dave.murphy89

• Not said much yet
« Reply #23 on: 10 August 2008, 10:42 »
As a 17 year old male you will never get below 1k on basically any car.

Offline antogoof

• I live here
  • bbm mk2 g60
« Reply #24 on: 10 August 2008, 17:54 »
why not try buying a scooter or a pushbike :grin: :grin: :grin: sorry mate i understand your pain, we have all been there!
mk2 bright blue met bits wanted in north west.

Offline Chris-White

• I live here
  • Manufactured in Germany. Ruined in Britain.
« Reply #25 on: 10 August 2008, 18:02 »
first bet for me would be to stop going through confused, moneysupermarket etc etc, and go straight to the insurers. cuts out the middleman and his commision  :wink:

failing that, the fine for no insurance is almost certainly less than what your getting quoted  :lipsrsealed:
S4 Avant. Eibach springs. 18" Avus. RS4 Intercoolers. Viper Tuned. Goes Fast.

Offline jamie_pyrite

• I live here
« Reply #26 on: 10 August 2008, 19:38 »
I'd just face it that you can't afford to insure a mk2, put up with a lesser car for 2 years then get a nicer mk2. We all want what we can't have! ;)

Personally for me, I started with a 1.4 Seat Ibiza 1995. £1250 TPTF with my Dad on the insurance at 17. Then I bought my 1.8 Driver mk2, £720 to insure that year. Then this year I've got the Driver still but with alloys and lowered declared. £615 comp :)

You've got years ahead of you to own your dream car! ;)

Offline samjac68

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #27 on: 10 August 2008, 23:06 »
antogoof - you say get a scooter, i ride a 125 motorbike so getting around is not a problem, and it only cos5ts me £300 a year to insure (awaits some old coffin dodger to say yeah i insure a vr6 mk2 for less than that :rolleyes: :grin:)

chris - ive tried direct quotes they actually come in at more for some really wierd reason? also as good as that sounds when i do eventually kill someone by running them over (every 17 year old does and thats why costs are so high ya?...) ill get raped by big dave every night for 5 years in young offenders, so ill go with the insurance route lol

jamie - i cant not get a mk2 as my first car, i tried talking myself into a different car but it didnt work, i got a quote on a 1.0 citroen ax and that came back as 2.5 k and its a sh!troen (saw one for £250 with full T+T but if i did buy it i would probably slit my wrists)

I also got a quote on a mk3 tdi 1.9 which are the same group as a mk2 1.3, but theyre ghey :huh: oh and a 1.0 polo but theyre not much less either.

I must have a mk2 as my first car... its my destiny  :undecided: :sad:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #28 on: 11 August 2008, 12:36 »
What insurance group is a 1.3? Mines a 1.6 which is group 9 i think and that cost me £1856 Fully comp to insure with http://www.lv.com/ Might be worth a look mate :smiley:

Offline eyeletboy

• Here all the time
« Reply #29 on: 11 August 2008, 12:49 »
Try brentacre insurance swansea.speak to ceri or john.Usually quite competitive.