Author Topic: i am 19 and not sure about this quote  (Read 7640 times)

Offline Dec

• I live here
Re: i am 19 and not sure about this quote
« Reply #10 on: 18 November 2007, 11:26 »
Have you tried putting your parents on?

kinda illegal if you put them as the main driver and the insurance may not let you claim. I found that adding my parents under my name pushed it up slightly with most insurers because they do a named driver only discount type of thing.

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #11 on: 18 November 2007, 12:10 »
I was under the impression that having a parent as a second driver brought the price down, not up.

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 18 November 2007, 12:35 »
I was under the impression that having a parent as a second driver brought the price down, not up.

nah some companys give that sort of discout. Cant remember which one, but it actually had in small under the number of drivers bit *Having more than one driver may increase your premium

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 18 November 2007, 14:25 »
kinda illegal if you put them as the main driver and the insurance may not let you claim. I found that adding my parents under my name pushed it up slightly with most insurers because they do a named driver only discount type of thing.

With Bell try sticking your parents on as named drivers and watch the price tumble!  :wink:

:wink:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 18 November 2007, 14:27 »
Fair enough... didnt work for me anyways. I wouldnt want my mum driving my car anyway... shes got a 1.2 and couldnt handle a 1.6 :cool:

Funny how i could get insured on her SEAT Ibiza for less than mine. (Thats with the value of her car set to £7000 and mine set to £500)

Offline russ-vdub

• I live here
  • Once a Dub, Always a Dub
« Reply #15 on: 18 November 2007, 20:11 »
dec try admiral man, also putting a male as named driver can sometimes be worse...women drivers always seem to get cheaper quotes which is rubbish.. something like 90% of womens accidents are into stationary objects!?!? dont hold me to those figures tho!

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 18 November 2007, 20:12 »
dec try admiral man, also putting a male as named driver can sometimes be worse...women drivers always seem to get cheaper quotes which is rubbish.. something like 90% of womens accidents are into stationary objects!?!? dont hold me to those figures tho!

my dad only has bike insurance of his own but is on my mums policy so i used my mum :sad: will try admiral now though cheers :smiley:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #17 on: 18 November 2007, 20:22 »
i dont put my parents on there, 100% legal for me :D

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 18 November 2007, 20:25 »
Shocking results tbh. If only my lowest quote went down that much with my mum on it :laugh:

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 18 November 2007, 21:29 »
i dont put my parents on there, 100% legal for me :D

How the f**k is putting your parents as named drivers illegal?  :rolleyes: