Author Topic: i am 19 and not sure about this quote  (Read 7636 times)

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
i am 19 and not sure about this quote
« on: 30 October 2007, 22:57 »
Ok, im 19, i have NO no claims. I am wanting to insure a mk3 1997 gti 8 valve 2litre. Bell quoted me £1317 which actually works out at £1900 with pay monthly, this gives me legal cover, audio cover, and also 3rd party on other cars. Is this a good deal. Its the cheapest i have found but i have no asked AF or this HIC yet. Am  wasting my time trying to find cheaper?

Any comments would be greatfully recieved.

Thanks Mike :D

TeddyKGB

Re: i am 19 and not sure about this quote
« Reply #1 on: 30 October 2007, 23:16 »
if its fully comp and your're the policy holder it does sounds quite good considering the car and the age of the owner

However check the cover to drive other vehicles - AFAIK on comprehensive policies bell don't include this for anyone under the age of 25 unless it is specified on a flexibell policy

Also the 10monther bonus thing aint accepted by most insurance companies.

but yeh try and pay it off in one go if you can - they are making over 500 notes just by you paying monthly! :shocked:

Personally wouldnt even entertain adrian flux :)
« Last Edit: 30 October 2007, 23:20 by TeddyKGB »

Offline martinb

• Forum Supporter
  • I live here
« Reply #2 on: 31 October 2007, 10:40 »
The £1300 sounds reasonable and having the driving other cars is something that you will probably find very few other companies will offer but the interest on the instalments seems very high!

Whats the value of the car? How long have you been driving? Was that comp or tpft?

Martin  :smiley:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #3 on: 01 November 2007, 11:15 »
Its TPFT and i have been driving a year n half, i think its a pretty good price, btu i cant afford to pay it off in one go at the moment, so its crazy paying that much interest. I would be more happy paying more for the policy, if a company offered less interest. But the drive other cars is actually specified, and that would mean i could drive my dads cars, which is good. Its £170 a month insurance, and athough i can afford it pretty simply, as im at home, thats a lot of beer money down the drain! lol

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #4 on: 01 November 2007, 11:27 »
Yeah, thats a decent deal to me with you being the named driver.

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #5 on: 03 November 2007, 19:49 »
Yep, £170 a month, but o well, i can always just drive my dads car, save petrol money. lol! alll goood. XD Picking up the gti tomo, Driving down to surrey from essex with a trailer. M25......... its going to be a long day, lol

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 04 November 2007, 02:52 »
With Bell try sticking your parents on as named drivers and watch the price tumble!  :wink:

Offline Dec

• I live here
« Reply #7 on: 06 November 2007, 07:29 »
i got a quote with bell for £5000+  :laugh: not even a GTi :rolleyes:

I found that the intrest on paying monthly can be alot some im getting a 'family loan' :wink:

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #8 on: 17 November 2007, 21:27 »
i think im going to grin and bare it, in the end, any other company wont insure me that cheap, so it has to be a deal, and i will probably pay it of early on my credit card, to cut of a load of interest :D deal done :P insurance on the 29th of november! woop

Offline Mew

• I live here
« Reply #9 on: 18 November 2007, 02:32 »
Have you tried putting your parents on?