Author Topic: Insurance question - please look :)  (Read 10837 times)

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
Re: Insurance question - please look :)
« Reply #10 on: 21 March 2011, 12:20 »
I pay 2600 for a 1.4 lol

Jeez! My 1.4 was (I say say "only) 800 inc breakdown cover with all mods declared when I was 19 (2 years ago).

Do you have points or something that puts it up?

Offline VR6_Wherry

• Forum addict
« Reply #11 on: 21 March 2011, 12:33 »
That is amazing! i was quoted £700 at 20 with 3 years NCB for my VR6 i waited a week till i was 21 with 4 years NCB and got it for £580 fully comp!  :cool: :grin:

Offline trog_nfs

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 21 March 2011, 16:03 »
That is amazing! i was quoted £700 at 20 with 3 years NCB for my VR6 i waited a week till i was 21 with 4 years NCB and got it for £580 fully comp!  :cool: :grin:

NCB is what makes the difference.
However, insurance costs have gone up spectacularly for first time drivers recently...

Offline ebo007

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 21 March 2011, 16:56 »
Holy Sh*t, thats some insurance premiums being quoted. I wont share what i pay but then again i am old  :grin: Why you would want to inusre something more powerful if thats the price of your 1.6 is crazy lol.

Anyway insurance is all about pricing the risk in accordance with a potential pay out, (pretty much the same as khare said) so I would be pretty confident that you could insure 1.8, 2.0 GTi etc somewhere but expect a pretty expensive premium especially if you are young (which that sort of premiums I am assuming you are) and have no NCD. Increasing your excess is always an option to reduce your premiums, another good thing is to add a mature woman to your policy (mum/gran/auntie etc) you will find that this will more than likely benefit your quotes.

Hope this helps

Offline neil1780

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 21 March 2011, 18:31 »
Yes do this I always had my mum as a named driver now it's my wife. When looking around for insurance it was around £100 more without my wife.
V6 4MOTION

Offline The K man

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #15 on: 21 March 2011, 18:57 »
Holy Sh*t, thats some insurance premiums being quoted. I wont share what i pay but then again i am old  :grin: Why you would want to inusre something more powerful if thats the price of your 1.6 is crazy lol.

Anyway insurance is all about pricing the risk in accordance with a potential pay out, (pretty much the same as khare said) so I would be pretty confident that you could insure 1.8, 2.0 GTi etc somewhere but expect a pretty expensive premium especially if you are young (which that sort of premiums I am assuming you are) and have no NCD. Increasing your excess is always an option to reduce your premiums, another good thing is to add a mature woman to your policy (mum/gran/auntie etc) you will find that this will more than likely benefit your quotes.

Hope this helps

Cheers mate it has helped, by the way I'm 19 and have 1 years NCD

Offline dom

• 10k hero
  • Back in a Mk4
« Reply #16 on: 21 March 2011, 19:59 »
Yes do this I always had my mum as a named driver now it's my wife. When looking around for insurance it was around £100 more without my wife.

Your mum is now your wife? :huh: :laugh:

Offline thai-wronghorse

• Serious forum addict
  • mk1 Seat Leon FR TDI
« Reply #17 on: 21 March 2011, 20:02 »
And ya brother is slipping her a length inbetween uncle Joe and the milkman.

Offline snifferdog

• I live here
« Reply #18 on: 21 March 2011, 20:03 »

Your mum is now your wife? :huh: :laugh:

:grin: :grin: :grin:

And ya brother is slipping her a length inbetween uncle Joe and the milkman.

:huh: :huh: :shocked: :shocked: :undecided: :grin: :grin:

Offline MiiTCH-GOLF

• GTI forum regular
  • Low Life!!
« Reply #19 on: 21 March 2011, 20:34 »
I pay 2600 for a 1.4 lol

Jeez! My 1.4 was (I say say "only) 800 inc breakdown cover with all mods declared when I was 19 (2 years ago).

Do you have points or something that puts it up?

I had a huge crash and caused 180g of damage lol