Author Topic: Hic insurance rip off!!!!! beware fellow dubbers  (Read 8782 times)

Offline Rhyso

• Global Moderator
  • Sir Postalot
Re: Hic insurance rip off!!!!! beware fellow dubbers
« Reply #10 on: 28 April 2009, 21:35 »
HIC aren't always the cheapest BUT the policy includes a lot of stuff others leave out.

Nick

Spot on

I'm insured with Zurich who have one of the most comprehensive premiums - it isn't cheap but i know that when i come to claim i'll be covered  :wink:

Cheapest doesn't always mean the best  :wink:  read the small print

Offline bobbarley

• Serious forum addict
  • I'm kind of a big deal...
« Reply #11 on: 28 April 2009, 21:40 »
I went with HIC, no one else could come close, and most weren't even interested when I said the car was modded.

Offline Mikester

• Forum addict
  • Civic Type R
« Reply #12 on: 29 April 2009, 12:03 »
WELL

IF YOU WANT TO PICK BONES, I DIDNT WIN A YEARS FREE INSURANCE AT THE RAFFLE AT ED38 AND I THINK ITS A FIX!!

( i am insured with HIC, and they were the cheapest quote, and also the best to speak to on the phone, they talk like they are your mate, rather than quizzing you like a murder case..haha. And i will be renewing with HIC in september)

Offline T_J_G

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #13 on: 29 April 2009, 12:33 »
I can't believe you're arguing the fact that your insurance isn't cheaper than someone else

AND THEN calling everyone else a buffoon.

Shocking.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #14 on: 01 May 2009, 00:09 »
worst. original post. ever. fact

how you can make such a blanket statement is utterly ridiculous.

i am with HIC and they were half the price of the next closest insurer on my modded car, the rest of them didn't understand the modifications listed and weren't interested, even though I am 34, nil points, full NCB, good postcode, off road parking etc

i also like being with HIC as they have a vested interest in the DUB scene and speak to you like a human being in English and can understand what a 'coilover' is.

as well as HIC, you seem to have a problem with southeners too...  perhaps you should take a chill pill and just relax man

Offline mk3valver

• Here all the time
« Reply #15 on: 01 May 2009, 00:24 »
Guy the picture of your reflection is a good move mate! Wouldn't have said you look 34! Not hitting on you or owt! No seriously  :wink: Lol

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #16 on: 01 May 2009, 00:36 »
Guy the picture of your reflection is a good move mate! Wouldn't have said you look 34! Not hitting on you or owt! No seriously  :wink: Lol

thanks... errr... I think... you sure you're not hitting on me??  :huh:

that was a year or so ago... but most people don't think I look 34...

including the tw@t in the supermarket who ID'd me the other week... he ended up being more embarrassed than I was... especially when he said...

"i'll be so embarrassed when you say you are nearly 30 or something"

"so how would you feel if I said I was 34 then??! [b!tch]"

is a bit of a hinderance though... holds you back in business until people realise how incredibly intelligent I am... then they STFU

/off topic

Offline MrBounce

• I live here
  • Bora TDi 130 Highline - usually filthy.
« Reply #17 on: 01 May 2009, 00:41 »
worst. original post. ever. fact

how you can make such a blanket statement is utterly ridiculous.

i am with HIC and they were half the price of the next closest insurer on my modded car, the rest of them didn't understand the modifications listed and weren't interested, even though I am 34, nil points, full NCB, good postcode, off road parking etc

i also like being with HIC as they have a vested interest in the DUB scene and speak to you like a human being in English and can understand what a 'coilover' is.

as well as HIC, you seem to have a problem with southeners too...  perhaps you should take a chill pill and just relax man

+1 Guy. I am astounded by the amount of people in my office (I do commercial Motor insurance) who don't understand much about what it is they are insuring. There is only one proper petrolhead in the office and that's me. I get people asking me what a Renault Espace is! At least with HIC (as you say) they know what modifications are and how to deal with them! Most insurance companies employ people who don't know the first thing about vehicles.  :angry:

Keeping schtum. Mostly.

Offline Guy

• Forum addict
« Reply #18 on: 01 May 2009, 00:57 »
i used to work for a direct insurer and had the same issue there... call centre was full of young lasses who didn't know the first thing about cars...

its typical 'computa says naaa' scenario

Offline AlanD

• 10k hero
  • MK5 2.0T 16v
« Reply #19 on: 01 May 2009, 10:38 »
Remap? Whats a remap?

OH FFS !