Author Topic: Accuair Elevel Mk1 golf 20v turbo  (Read 222345 times)

Offline dan_apps

• I live here
  • too low for british roads!
Re: mk1 golf 20v turbo GYD
« Reply #40 on: 01 January 2011, 12:16 »
great work this do far, one to watch! :afro:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #41 on: 01 January 2011, 15:37 »
seano7015

hello mate to be honast the conversion is fairly simple im using the mk4 golf 1.8 20v turbo ( AGU ) with that you will need the wiring loom and you will remove power steering / aircon ect ect

engine mounts can be bought from crazy quiffs youl need 3 ( 2 gear box mounts and and 1 engine mount )

depending on how the engine mount is in your mk1 you may need to cut it off flip it over and weld it back on just in a slightly diffrent place ( i have pictures that can help with this )

you will need a mk3 golf 2.0L 16v gear box / mk2 golf 16v tensioner and bolt and befor the engine goes in i would advise doin cambelt and uprating the waterpump with metal veins as the standard ones on the AGU have plastic veins

you will need a mk3 2.0L 16v gear selector ( this will need modding i have pictures that can help with this )

then basically put your gear box on your engine mounts on and get it in

im as far as this so far. the ecu side of things is easy all you will need to do is send part of the AGU loom ( coil pack part to the loom ) of to q-peng and for a lovely £800 you will recieve a down pipe your loom back ( modded ) and a stand alone ecu ( once everything is in and you have plugged it all up you should be running 200bhp )

im goin to be running a k03s turbo so im hoping for 230 / 240bhp fingers crossed

obv theres diffrent ways about goin with the conversion but im more than willing to help anyone to the best of my knowledge

im a 1st at all this so this is all new to me so far im a paint sprayer and body repairer and have no mechanical history what so ever

theres plentty of helper threads on this conversion which = ALOT of reading :)

hope this helps

cheers trav
« Last Edit: 01 January 2011, 17:44 by travisreeve »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
« Reply #42 on: 01 January 2011, 19:49 »
im based in norfolk mate - north walsham

Cool, used to live down that way as a nipper...

Too far away for you to help me with my paint now tough.   :sad:

Offline seano7015

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #43 on: 01 January 2011, 20:40 »
seano7015

hello mate to be honast the conversion is fairly simple im using the mk4 golf 1.8 20v turbo ( AGU ) with that you will need the wiring loom and you will remove power steering / aircon ect ect

engine mounts can be bought from crazy quiffs youl need 3 ( 2 gear box mounts and and 1 engine mount )

depending on how the engine mount is in your mk1 you may need to cut it off flip it over and weld it back on just in a slightly diffrent place ( i have pictures that can help with this )

you will need a mk3 golf 2.0L 16v gear box / mk2 golf 16v tensioner and bolt and befor the engine goes in i would advise doin cambelt and uprating the waterpump with metal veins as the standard ones on the AGU have plastic veins

you will need a mk3 2.0L 16v gear selector ( this will need modding i have pictures that can help with this )

then basically put your gear box on your engine mounts on and get it in

im as far as this so far. the ecu side of things is easy all you will need to do is send part of the AGU loom ( coil pack part to the loom ) of to q-peng and for a lovely £800 you will recieve a down pipe your loom back ( modded ) and a stand alone ecu ( once everything is in and you have plugged it all up you should be running 200bhp )

im goin to be running a k03s turbo so im hoping for 230 / 240bhp fingers crossed

obv theres diffrent ways about goin with the conversion but im more than willing to help anyone to the best of my knowledge

im a 1st at all this so this is all new to me so far im a paint sprayer and body repairer and have no mechanical history what so ever

theres plentty of helper threads on this conversion which = ALOT of reading :)

hope this helps

cheers trav
cheers  mate!!  im glad im not the the only one who hasnt got any mechanical knowledge!!! but reading this has given me alot of help!!! and a bit more of an idea whats involved!! best start saving some pennies i think!!! gunna have a stab at it in the summer!!
cheers sean

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #44 on: 01 January 2011, 20:42 »
no problem sean il keep my eyes pealed :D

trav

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #45 on: 03 January 2011, 18:51 »
little update

stripped my bootlid apart today ready to start prepping for paint thought i might aswell start doin my panels as i have now gotta get another gearbox so im on hold for a week or 2 :( i also managed to save the original rear window screen aswell :) the front screen was buggerd unfortanatly :(

im going to be doing away with my rear window screen wiper and i might fit a solanoid and do away with the lock aswell but this im unsure of ( would look alot cleaner in my opinion with out it )

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #46 on: 03 January 2011, 19:00 »
Nice one.... In what way is your front glass screwed? mine needs to come out to fix a rusty leak beneath the seal.... It's chipped on the drivers side too so I think I may have to replace it.  :sad:

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #47 on: 03 January 2011, 19:19 »
its got a huge crack along the bottom of it mate so i will be replacing it luckly it didnt shatter into a million pieces when i took it out ( i didnt brake the screen either lol )

if your careful when you take it out you should be able to save it but dont hold me to it

rust under a window seal can sometimes = major problems uncovering more than you had hoped be warned lol

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #48 on: 03 January 2011, 19:22 »
its got a huge crack along the bottom of it mate so i will be replacing it luckly it didnt shatter into a million pieces when i took it out ( i didnt brake the screen either lol )

if your careful when you take it out you should be able to save it but dont hold me to it

rust under a window seal can sometimes = major problems uncovering more than you had hoped be warned lol

Don't worry, this car has been stripped back to feck all before now.  No rot on this car bar the blister under the rubber.  I have a whole lower section to use for repair when the time comes. 

Yeah I have known people to take a good screen out and get it back in, most who I have seen struggle is those that already have a bit of damage before they start.  Or they are just too heavy handed!

Offline travisreeve

• I live here
« Reply #49 on: 04 January 2011, 20:24 »
ok so yesterday i stripped my bootlid :D

today iv smoothed it ;)

step bye step pic :)

welded

fibre glassed

fillerd

rubbed down and spot primed

shall be high build priming tomorrow