Author Topic: Think Blue screen and trainer  (Read 4344 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: Think Blue screen and trainer
« Reply #10 on: 09 September 2019, 10:32 »
There is a marked difference in consumption in 70mph vs 75mph and if you go the other way down to 65mph you'll see even better figures.

Its called drag and its roughly twice the amount at 80mph vs 60mph.

ThinkBlue is all about optimising your gear and throttle, it can't help with drag.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2019, 10:38 »
There is a marked difference in consumption in 70mph vs 75mph and if you go the other way down to 65mph you'll see even better figures.

Its called drag and its roughly twice the amount at 80mph vs 60mph.

ThinkBlue is all about optimising your gear and throttle, it can't help with drag.

I'm not sure if you're replying to me, but if you are, I think you've missed the point of my post. There's no increase in drag by putting the gearbox in Sport, but keeping the gear, speed and revs the same

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 09 September 2019, 14:02 »
Maybe S mode alters the throttle positon so the Think Blue thing thinks you are pressing the throttle more than in when in D. That's the reason I can think as like you say, switching between D and S on the move makes no difference to revs at the same speed in each gear. It does increase the revs though when stationary.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 09 September 2019, 14:49 »
Maybe S mode alters the throttle positon so the Think Blue thing thinks you are pressing the throttle more than in when in D. That's the reason I can think as like you say, switching between D and S on the move makes no difference to revs at the same speed in each gear. It does increase the revs though when stationary.

Maybe -although I was on ACC at the time!  :laugh:

It's all a load of made up, wishy washy numbers and not worth looking at