Author Topic: Those with a remap, who did you go with? Who do you think are best?  (Read 14597 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
Anyone know when the likes of Revo/APR are likely to have a sale?

I'm itching to get it remapped but don't know who to go with.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Why don't you give these guys a visit, you're in Yorkshire, aren't you?

https://clpautomotive.co.uk/apr-remaps/

Don't fancy a dyno run do you? A guy I know has just installed an awesome new dyno at his place near Barnsley so could probably sort a deal out - itching to know if the 245 P is more potent than stated!

https://peron-automotive.co.uk/pages/dyno
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline andy28

• Here all the time
That dyno looks really smart Jim!

Both tend to do a black friday deal but you will obviously have to wait a couple of months. I think last year Revo did 25% off - you had to pay in November and get the work done by the end of January.
GTI Clubsport Edition 40
#301 and then #190

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
I'd be up for a Dyno run Jim, absolutely! Let's see how many we can get and we can organise a meet.

I've used CLP in the past and I would definitely go to them for the remap but I'm leaning more towards Revo if I'm honest, don't know why.

Ideally I'd like to go out with someone who has Revo stage 1 then have a go with somebody who has APR stage 1.

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
I really want to go with someone who has a dyno & custom. I was going more towards MRC - about hour n half drive? would you said that's too far?

I'm wanting a TVS TCU remap though, which guess be done at a different place.

Don't seem be many with dyno/custom in Herts, more flash maps.
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline Raffe

• I live here
Anyone know when the likes of Revo/APR are likely to have a sale?

I'm itching to get it remapped but don't know who to go with.

Normally December, they have done for the last few years.

A very happy Revo customer here having had a Revo Stage 2 Mk6 GTi, Revo Stage 1 MK7 Golf R + TCU Map & Stage 1 Audi TTS - recommended.
2016 Golf R | 3dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | 19" Pretoria Alloys | 90% Tints | Nav | Winter Pack | App Connect

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
I think I'll end up going Revo simply because of the amount of research and development they've out into their map. My other option would be Unicorn in Stockport, they get rave reviews on other forums. Anyone on here used Unicorn?

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
What about Racingline?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Willk86

• Just got here
What are people's thoughts on r-tech?
I was going to go there with my mk5 gti but decided to keep it standard.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
What about Racingline?

I do like the sound of Racingline but at the time of researching I couldn't find a graph. Also I don't know anyone running their map.

If I'm not mistaken I believe Ben formally of Shark Performance has something to do with Racingline based in MK.