Author Topic: Those with a remap, who did you go with? Who do you think are best?  (Read 14820 times)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
I'll be getting mine mapped soon. Got a few pennies put to a side but can't make my mind up on who to go with. Unicorn or Revo more than likely.

I'm after something that'll still give me good MPG at motorway speeds with a bit more poke when I feel like having a bit of fun.

I'd love to keep the car on the standard map but when I put it in sport the remap kicks in, if that makes sense? Not sure if it's possible though. 

Offline topher

• Administrator
  • Serious forum addict
  • fully functioning
How many development miles went into that tune on the open roads rather than some hours on a rolling road?

This is the very reason we sell Revo software. Tested globally over hundreds of hours on multiple cars. Custom tuning has its place, but in my experience its more hassle than its worth when dealing with cars with the basic stage 1 or 2 bolt on upgrades, even stage 3 and 4 on the MQB platform.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
I’m thinking Revo for my Clubsport , however they say clutch needs to be updated before I do as I’m manual

No they don't, no bolt on upgrades required at all for stage 1. Mine is a manual...
Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
I’m thinking Revo for my Clubsport , however they say clutch needs to be updated before I do as I’m manual

No they don't, no bolt on upgrades required at all for stage 1. Mine is a manual...

That's debatable. The GTI and R manual clutch barely copes with stock torque. My own unmodified R's clutch slipped on a few occasions during cold weather at just 23k miles. Plenty of examples of people experienced clutch slip after getting their GTI up to R levels of power and exceeding R levels of torque.

If you get regular clutch slip, you'll damage your flywheel as well as your clutch - even greater expense.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
I keep doing alot of research on which tuner to go with for my Clubsport (DSG), even though i'm holding off on performance mods until my Warranty is up in March 2020. I'm going more towards the custom tune - MRC, but looking at having a TVS DSG Map.

Revo are one of the top tuners, had it on my fiesta 1.0 auto and that really was a nice smooth map & tbf the customer service was brilliant because the map for my car was not really something they did on big scale (technically it was bit of a custom map as was a bit back and forward).

Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline Burger81

• Not said much yet
I've had Revo stage 1 on mine about a year now.
The map is great, feels well.spread over the rev range, with a strong pull at around 2500rpm.

Mines a manual and the clutch went pretty quick after having it done, once I had a helix clutch fitted the map felt even better as it was obviously putting the power down a lot better.

I've also got Revo wheels and lower torque mount and can vouch for those products also being of really high quality.

Is certainly highly recommend them. I've even called them a few times for general queries and they've been really helpful and happy to spend time chatting.

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
We had a Black Code map done on ours, no clutch problems and pulls well :laugh:

MK7 GTi

Offline Tornado8

• GTI forum regular
+1 for REVO. Have stage 2 and no issues with standard clutch even with pedal box (sport +1) :smiley:
Old, but a serial modder!

Offline GolfTi

• I live here
  • ..gotta feel for my automobile..
I had a bluefin remap for a while, the clutch started to slip when in 5th or 6th gear with full throttle.

This was a couple of years ago, I removed the remap and it has been fine ever since.
Mk7 GTI. DBP, DCC, Winter pack. Mine since new, July 2013.
GTI no. 4. Golf no. 5.  VW no. 7.

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
Running APR software for a few years now no issues.
However Manual owners at some point you will need an uprated clutch.