Author Topic: MY20.....  (Read 22344 times)

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
Re: MY20.....
« Reply #10 on: 09 June 2019, 08:29 »
Yeah I think we need to see whether there's any additional cost attached before we can decide whether or not this is a great giveaway.

Same goes for any other changes.
7.5 GTD

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #11 on: 09 June 2019, 09:33 »
Think my TCR will be MY20 but not expecting anything significant. Interested to hear what the updates are though.

When’s yours due Cookie? What timing constitutes MY20? And hard to know what else can be made standard? But be interested to see list

Again in terms of akrapovich not actually overly bothered be quite happy with the stock

I think its due to be built next week or the week after.  When I put the order in the dealer said it would more than likely be MY20.

Knowing my luck I would miss the cutoff by days though :)

Would be hugely surprised if they put a 3k exhaust on for free though! 

Maybe it becomes an option - I could see that.  Especially as it was on some of the test cars!  But for free, unlikely.  Wouldn't say no though :)
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline AGB

• I live here
« Reply #12 on: 09 June 2019, 09:39 »
I would be absolutely gutted if I’d missed out on this. Should have been standard to start with. Will probably have a direct impact on resale value too if you’ve got an early TCR. Think I’d go as far as cancelling my order and reordering if possible.

Totally agree on it being standard but I don't think exhausts bother most buyers that much. I totally get the value and 'package' argument but unless they increase power, all you're gaining are some more attractive exhaust tips and a nominal weight saving of around 6-7KG if they fit the full titanium assembly. Sports exhausts can tend to drone, particularly on motorways when you're at constant rev/speed in my experience so unless they're switchable, they can be an annoyance.

As an early buyer, I had a VWFS contribution and it was pre the price increase which came out at around £3k so would I have the saving or an exhaust? I'd still take the saving even if presented with the option of the exhaust.

Exhausts coming out of VAG post WLTP are muted compared to pre the whole WLTP shake up. Couple of friends with 991.2 GT3RS first and second batch cars did a comparison at Snetterton recently because they noted quite a difference to the underneath of their cars and the exhaust arrangement. I can attest to the difference with my own ears. Totally different cars but I would not have thought (nor they) that there would be a difference on the same model produced six months apart.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #13 on: 09 June 2019, 09:57 »
Not overly bothered if honest as like the chrome tips and exhaust note be fine for me regardless

Think my TCR will be MY20 but not expecting anything significant. Interested to hear what the updates are though.

Again in terms of akrapovich not actually overly bothered be quite happy with the stock

Sir, would you like a £3k lightweight exhaust fitting for minimal or no extra cost? Not that bothered?! Yeah right  :grin:

That’s a massive thing for the TCR as they ditched the option of the Akrapovic exhaust and it will make the TCR sound better. Looks really good as well compared to stock chrome tips.

Fingers crossed for guys with orders on as would be seriously gutted to miss out on that. Be interesting to see what else they chuck at the GTI/TCR/R for MY20. Also shows we aren’t seeing a performance Mk8 anytime soon!

Obviously been aware of the Akrapovich exhaust for a while many on VWROC forum has then optioned on their R when performance pack became available and though I very much get it I also have never craved it or felt missing out and so even at say £500 I would not have selected it - however if it was a true freebie and given it’s actual cost obviously be delighted to have it - but do stick to thought that if it did not turn up with it I would not be overly bothered in same way do not look at any R that see with one fitted - so do not confuse my statement with not understanding its qualities and value it’s just in general do not have a huge feeling for must have

If it’s a no cost standard add then they must have excess stock they want to rid as they could easily lift the two performance packs in price to recover some monies though maybe conscious of the £40k threshold in how many they would shift if broke that barrier?

Be interesting to see what else is included and removed remember, as not much left on option list really - I only added the climate, Reifnitz and 90% tints - think there is an upgraded lane assist, memory seats and pro nav, dynaudio left?

Also when is MY20 builds? Mine due October so September build?
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #14 on: 09 June 2019, 10:01 »

When’s yours due Cookie? What timing constitutes MY20? And hard to know what else can be made standard? But be interested to see list

I think its due to be built next week or the week after.  When I put the order in the dealer said it would more than likely be MY20.

Knowing my luck I would miss the cutoff by days though :)

Would be hugely surprised if they put a 3k exhaust on for free though! 

Maybe it becomes an option - I could see that.  Especially as it was on some of the test cars!  But for free, unlikely.  Wouldn't say no though :)

If MY20 starts soon then likely I would be well within as mine 4 months till delivery so late August Sept build?

Think it’s likely to be an option, maybe performance pack uplift? Though you would wonder why not on the MY19 rollouts?
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 09 June 2019, 10:12 »
I would be absolutely gutted if I’d missed out on this. Should have been standard to start with. Will probably have a direct impact on resale value too if you’ve got an early TCR. Think I’d go as far as cancelling my order and reordering if possible.

Totally agree on it being standard but I don't think exhausts bother most buyers that much. I totally get the value and 'package' argument but unless they increase power, all you're gaining are some more attractive exhaust tips and a nominal weight saving of around 6-7KG if they fit the full titanium assembly. Sports exhausts can tend to drone, particularly on motorways when you're at constant rev/speed in my experience so unless they're switchable, they can be an annoyance.

As an early buyer, I had a VWFS contribution and it was pre the price increase which came out at around £3k so would I have the saving or an exhaust? I'd still take the saving even if presented with the option of the exhaust.

Exhausts coming out of VAG post WLTP are muted compared to pre the whole WLTP shake up. Couple of friends with 991.2 GT3RS first and second batch cars did a comparison at Snetterton recently because they noted quite a difference to the underneath of their cars and the exhaust arrangement. I can attest to the difference with my own ears. Totally different cars but I would not have thought (nor they) that there would be a difference on the same model produced six months apart.

As you can see in this thread, you can obviously count me as one of those folk you describe  - my R is hardly raucous but there is a nice deep note that’s come with miles and you do get the overrun and it’s complimentary and background and quite happy with that to point it’s not something think about wanting more and so it’s not option every really thought to for myself- if it’s a freebie then obviously would be happy and take it but stick to statement that would be quite happy with the large chrome tips, they look good to anyone I think - even saw the gloss black ones on a GTI and liked them also - most would be onlookers would have no idea to the weight and tech of the Akrapovich they just see exhaust tips and all would look good

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #16 on: 09 June 2019, 10:54 »
if you’re not a gti enthusiast you don’t really buy a TCR. I think that most would want the exhaust as that’s the market it’s aimed at. A little like bucket seats on the CS. It’s an enthusiasts car with the enthusiasts knowledge that comes with it. Anyway, with or without it it’s a brilliant car and you’ll all love it. I wouldn’t have the exhaust as an option but as standard? Hmmmm. Depends on the price increase! Anyway, enjoy your cars, things always get upgraded. You can’t wait forever!😀
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #17 on: 09 June 2019, 13:14 »
Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #18 on: 09 June 2019, 13:21 »
Im guessing this will not actually be the case, but will play along...

I think it remained a single outlet either side on the concept car.
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass

Offline david25

• I live here
« Reply #19 on: 09 June 2019, 13:31 »
Im guessing this will not actually be the case, but will play along...

I think it remained a single outlet either side on the concept car.

Now = 2011 MK6 GTI - Reflex Silver
Past = 2006 MK5 GTI - Tornado Red and Solid Black