Author Topic: Special edition  (Read 4293 times)

Offline mike roberts

• GTI forum regular
Re: Special edition
« Reply #10 on: 16 June 2020, 19:10 »
Yeah that’s a good example, Germany got theirs in 2001 and we were made to wait as the UK got the GTI in ‘77 iirc. Mine was a late one on a 52 plate.

So we’ll know what it looks like mid-late ‘21 as the continent get theirs, but maybe not get our mitts on one until ‘22
« Last Edit: 16 June 2020, 19:21 by mike roberts »
'18 245PP DSG

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #11 on: 16 June 2020, 20:00 »
TBH, we won't know what a UK Mk8 GTI looks like until almost the end of 2020!

When i earlier said about it being the 2021 Golf GTI I wasn't really joking... we certainly won't see one in the UK until then.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline AndyGTI

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12 on: 17 June 2020, 00:11 »
I know when I was getting my car they had just announced the Edition 40 and it was in the April 2016 price list.

Maybe rather than the midlife, runout model it will be more of a first edition type model. Or they can fudge the period as has been suggested and push it to late 2021.
2022 Polo GTI, Reef Blue
2022 Audi RS3 Tango Red
2016 Golf R 3dr Manual, Lapiz Blue
2013 Polo BlueGT 3dr, Blue Silk
2007 Polo GTI 3dr, Diamond Black

Offline Bigwod

• Not said much yet
« Reply #13 on: 24 February 2021, 18:32 »
I said it was happening, and it is.make of that what you want, 345 bhp was the plan, and on the number plate clue but until an official announcement that’s speculation due to COVID market conditions expectations
I don’t know what numbers being built.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #14 on: 24 February 2021, 18:58 »
I said it was happening, and it is.make of that what you want, 345 bhp was the plan, and on the number plate clue but until an official announcement that’s speculation due to COVID market conditions expectations
I don’t know what numbers being built.

Well, I don't think anyone doubted they would, just that it was somewhat early when you said about it (June 2020).

Its also quite apparent now that its an ED45 pack rather than specific production (various German configurator leaks and Irish sales documentation describe it as exactly that), which suggests they will sell it for however long they decide to and make as many as are ordered. Sure I've seen somewhere that said there is no limit.

However judging by current production speeds, if they allowed people to order in the UK say in April (and it could be later) you might struggle to get it delivered before December at the earliest.

When I go pick up my Mk8 next week I'll ask if I can put down a deposit for an ED50  :grin:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline HA54SYM`

• I live here
« Reply #15 on: 24 February 2021, 19:08 »
Irish price list states Clubsport "racing pack from week 48" and in Germany someone got it confirmed that the Akra exhaust for the Clubsport was only available with the ED45 until they stop producing the 45 and then it will be part of the Cup pack.

Make of that what you will but may indicate that the ED45 will be in production from soonish to about November....

Agreed also Fred, its listed as a pack on to the regular Clubsport on many sites and its still on the VW Czech one now.

I orderded my Clubsport ED40 5 years ago when the order books opened in the UK on April the 5th, delivery was October the same year on a 66 plate.

I'm guessing the timing will be similar this year, so launched late this month / early March and available to order early April in the UK, probably the 12th as that's when dealers are open again, from what I can see.
94 - Roversport Tomcat Racecar