Author Topic: New MY2019 GTi orders  (Read 1945 times)

Offline Silvadadi

• Not said much yet
New MY2019 GTi orders
« on: 21 December 2018, 17:46 »
Anyone placed an order within the last week or so for MY2019 car?  If so what is your lead time/expected delivery date?
Ordered Jun 18: R 5dr, IG, DSG, Prets, DLA, climate w/s and tints.
Aug 14 - Jul 18: GTD 5dr, CSG, DSG, S&S pack, Vienna leather and Santiago's.

Offline boardlord

• GTI forum regular
Re: New MY2019 GTi orders
« Reply #1 on: 21 December 2018, 19:15 »
First of all you wont believe this but ill write it anyhow,

- Enquired on the 17th Nov and advised 30 weeks.

- Ordered on the 24th Nov and told 26 weeks.

- Recieved on the 3rd Dec a confirmed build week 3 (21/01/19)

- Today recieved a notification that the car is Stage 5 (In transit), bit confused so spoke to VWCS who confirmed this, didnt believe them obviously so had the dealer look into it, it is on it's way and they have confirmed it is to the new spec with the free RVC and lane assist etc. They expect it begin of Jan

I think the dealer is as shocked as I am that it has been built, VWCS told be a buil slot opened up so it got bumped up.

So who really knows what the lead times are??????

2019 MK7.5 GTi PP, 3dr, DSG, Indium Grey, Heated screen, Pan roof, 90% tints.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #2 on: 22 December 2018, 11:03 »
I'd imagine at the moment they have reached empty order books and have built all of the backlog.

I suspect the normal delays of 16-20 weeks are actually just a reflection of the number of cars they make, not so much their potential ability to deliver faster.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline roger20

• Just got here
« Reply #3 on: 12 January 2019, 12:32 »
New member here so thought it might be helpful to post my experience for a new order.

Ordered 2 January and went to stage 2 fairly quickly. Just had email/SMS today (12th) that now at Stage 3 with a build date week commencing 11 February 2019 so 2-3 weeks earlier than suggested at the time of order.

Good news and assuming the next stages go smoothly should hopefully be on track for early March collection. :smiley:

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #4 on: 12 January 2019, 13:27 »
That sounds promising Roger, at least Winter will be out of the way by then, what spec are you getting?

Offline roger20

• Just got here
« Reply #5 on: 12 January 2019, 13:37 »
Indium Grey, Brescia wheels, DCC, Pan sunroof and Dynaudio.

Going from a MK5 GT Tdi which I have loved apart from the terrible sound system (hence Dynaudio having read so many positive reviews) I was a bit concerned about ride quality on 19", moving from 17" which has always been an acceptable trade-off between comfort and handling. However all doubts went after a couple of test drives on 19" Brescias without DCC -  felt the ride quality on mainly urban roads was probably better than my current ride so getting DCC can only be a bonus.

Offline Mr.Edge1974

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6 on: 12 January 2019, 13:43 »
Thats great, I was having doubts about the 19" wheels but with various comments on here which have been generally positive for 19s. Not really a fan on the current 18" parkers , I feel they should have kept the Austins on or a slight variation, Im hopefully going to VW tomorrow after by nieces birthday in the morning and see what they can find for me, with the 19 plates starting in March hopefully something will turn up.

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #7 on: 12 January 2019, 14:54 »
Ordered mine Monday. Build week 7 confirmed with delivery mid to end of March.

Just don’t ask my opinion which wheels to go for and whether or not to select DCC! Unless you’re minted, in which case tick the DCC and 19” Santiago’s!  :grin:
« Last Edit: 12 January 2019, 15:23 by Mutley75 »
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.