Author Topic: Superchips/Bluefin anyone?  (Read 14852 times)

Offline AGB

• I live here
Re: Superchips/Bluefin anyone?
« Reply #30 on: 23 July 2011, 21:09 »
According to their website, if it doesnt work simply return it for s full refund.

Give them your engine code (from the tag in the boot) and they can usually confirm whether they've encountered it already. Once I did the ECU software copy and sent it to them, I had the map back in about 15 seconds as they'd already done it for another car with the same engine code. I had a long chat with them before doing it and yep, it was a piece of cake. Preliminary step is to check the code then commit to the purchase and then return it if you're not happy.

Talk to the Doc about a custom map as well, he offers really good value and I'm sure could deliver something akin to a Superchips map in terms of power and torque delivery or something more bespoke if that's your thing.
MK7 Clubsport S, 981 Cayman GT4, MK7.5 GTI TCR

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
  • E63s Estate - Vito Sport
« Reply #31 on: 23 July 2011, 22:34 »
Talk to the Doc about a custom map as well, he offers really good value and I'm sure could deliver something akin to a Superchips map in terms of power and torque delivery or something more bespoke if that's your thing.

Thanks for that AGB, I can do something very similar to super chips but most prefair a custom written map to make the car drive how they would like.

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #32 on: 03 August 2011, 22:19 »
According to Superchips, they have yet to come across a Mk6 GTI with a tamper proof ECU. Their words, not mine.
RED TORNADO 7R, 5 DR, DSG, DCC, DNS, DYNAUDIO, KI, WP, HBA, LN, SP

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #33 on: 03 August 2011, 22:59 »
According to Superchips, they have yet to come across a Mk6 GTI with a tamper proof ECU. Their words, not mine.

Well, we all make mistakes.

Is this superchips or one of their agents? 

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #34 on: 03 August 2011, 23:18 »
Superchips, Head Office.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #35 on: 03 August 2011, 23:48 »
It 'll be the rest of the tuners in the world being scaremonger merchants then  :rolleyes:

Offline am1w

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #36 on: 04 August 2011, 13:54 »
It 'll be the rest of the tuners in the world being scaremonger merchants then  :rolleyes:

Re-checked with Michael at Superchips Ltd, Head Office. They have yet to come across a Mk6 GTI on which Bluefin does not work and this includes May/June 2011 delivered Mk6 GTIs.

Offline The Doc

• Forum addict
« Reply #37 on: 04 August 2011, 16:31 »

As above  :wink:

Offline flc1962

• Here all the time
« Reply #38 on: 05 August 2011, 09:16 »

Re-checked with Michael at Superchips Ltd, Head Office. They have yet to come across a Mk6 GTI on which Bluefin does not work and this includes May/June 2011 delivered Mk6 GTIs.

I'm in the process of getting mine reset and they said that the NEW ECU's have not been hacked yet for the GOLF and they could not say when/if. Lucky for me the person who wants it is also a 2009 TSI...

Offline mr gee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #39 on: 06 August 2011, 08:36 »

Just did mine. Different sequence of picking up the software and downloading from Superchips between the GTI and 1.4 TSI. Got me worried initially but yeah...all good.