Author Topic: We Connect App  (Read 1880 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
We Connect App
« on: 22 January 2021, 09:25 »
Has anyone used the We Connect App to lock/unlock the car on a 7.5? I'm presuming this feature can be used on a 7.5 but how on earth do you register to enable the lock/unlock?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
Re: We Connect App
« Reply #1 on: 22 January 2021, 09:32 »
This is only available on MY19> and only on MY19 7.5's ordered after 1 January 2019.

7.5's ordered before that date don't get the option to lock/unlock from the app.

When you have it, the text circled in red in the image below will have a chevron next to it which you can tap and that takes you to a new lock/unlock screen.

SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #2 on: 22 January 2021, 09:58 »
Have this as an option but never gone through the VW identification (its in menu and you get prompted if try to lock/unlock, or sound horn/put hazards on) process to activate it which think is a video session with your passport to hand - its not a must feature as never felt need to use but again it would be nice to have it enabled so when can be bothered might give the ID process a go :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #3 on: 22 January 2021, 10:43 »
I've been trying all morning with no luck. Can get to the bit where it asks you to say your name but it then defaults back to the screen without doing anything.

Offline skippy

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #4 on: 22 January 2021, 11:26 »
My GTI is a MY20 so I know this option is available, but I have never been too fussed on going through the VW identification process, and even then, I doubt if I would use it more than just a test to see if it works.
MK7.5 2020, Isaac Blue, standard spec

Gone but certainly not forgotten Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TSI

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5 on: 22 January 2021, 12:31 »
I suppose it's handy to check and see if the car is locked. Was lying in bed last night and had a sudden thought had I locked the car. Lo and behold I'd forgotten when I went out this morning 😂

Offline Hertsman

• I live here
« Reply #6 on: 22 January 2021, 14:08 »
I suppose it's handy to check and see if the car is locked. Was lying in bed last night and had a sudden thought had I locked the car. Lo and behold I'd forgotten when I went out this morning 😂

The app does let you know if door closed (so from your comment, this does not mean its locked, just closed?), bonnet closed, window closed and lights off with a green tick, and there is a notification that is sent if the door handle has been pulled (presume thats how it works) if someone is going along to see if car been left unlocked.

Does the car not lock itself after a certain period when the key is not in proximity? never tried it, but thought that was how its set to function?

Get the notifications that car is out of area regularly which proves the esim and location mechanisms work.

Might give the VW identification process a go after seen that you have successfully gone through it :)
Present - BMW 128Ti Alpine White, 18" Performance Tyres, Sun Protection Glass, Parking Assist, Heated Steering, Boston Trim, Split Folding Rear Seats, Electric Lumbar Support
- 2nd car: 2019 Golf R DSG Pure White 19" Black Pretoria, Privacy Glass, Rear View Camera, Dynaudio, Keyless
- 2019 Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG Reifinitz Wheel DCC Climate Screen 90% Tint
- 2016 Lapiz Blue Golf R 5 Door DSG Pretoria DCC
- 2013 Pure White GTD 5 Door DSG DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7 on: 22 January 2021, 15:20 »
Our cars don't automatically lock when key is out of range.

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 22 January 2021, 16:00 »
The only way the car will lock automatically is if you have pressed the keyfob to open the car but do not open any of the doors, it will then re-lock after about 30 secs.
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Online bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9 on: 22 January 2021, 17:46 »
The VW id thing is really easy, takes a couple of minutes.

Just have your driving licence/passport on you and start the call, it opens up a video call with a VW person, and they verify you are the owner etc, take some photo shots of your id and then it's all sorted.
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone