Author Topic: 5 1/4 inch speakers in the front of a mk2  (Read 2409 times)

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
5 1/4 inch speakers in the front of a mk2
« on: 22 October 2003, 19:25 »
if anyone's thinking about putting 5 1/4 speakers in the front pull out pockets of their mk2 DO IT! I've just finished doing mine and it sounds 100% better than those piddly dash ones. Admittedly I just put ?100 of Alpine TypeR speakers in there, but they sound the dogs with their alu cones. Mounted the tweaters just in front of the old pods on the dash and angled them into the 'cockpit'.

I picked up the adaptors for the pockets from a scrappy for practically nothing. one of the VW grills was broken, but I've left them off to show off the speakers. Hopefully no one will put their foot through one.

Will take pics in the morning.
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline badboy

• Not said much yet
Re:5 1/4 inch speakers in the front of a mk2
« Reply #1 on: 22 October 2003, 23:56 »
what car did you get that adapters from ?? Were they standard on some mk2s? I would love to get rid of those pockets but all I've read is about getting replacment molds at about a ton a pair..

Offline Dizzie

• Forum addict
  • Make friends with your fast
« Reply #2 on: 23 October 2003, 00:15 »
I was hunting for a number 62 fuel pump relay and spotted them in a 1.3! They're only ?5.60 new. Muppets on ebay are paying ?20!

here ^
Mk4 Golf 150PD

Offline badboy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #3 on: 23 October 2003, 00:19 »
nice one! I shall get meself to vw at the weekend. much better answer than new door pod thingies.