Author Topic: Castle Combe Track Day  (Read 14486 times)

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
Castle Combe Track Day
« on: 06 February 2004, 17:05 »
Just for info, but there are two 'Action Days' on 24th April and 12th June at Castle Combe Circuit, Wiltshire. Basically it is open to anyone and anything and costs ?20 for 5 laps of the circuit. A reasonable amount if you just want a quick blast around a track and a good day out just to spectate. One problem is you do get some idiots who cant drive....but usually they trash their cars, which goes down well with spectators!!

Offline danhock

• I live here
Re:Castle Combe Track Day
« Reply #1 on: 10 February 2004, 12:07 »
Well worth going to this... I go every year...
They hace CCC days (cars and car conversions)
Action Days
Japfest
And more..

Good track too.
All opinions expressed in this mail are wholey owned by danhock and are not representative of golfgti.co.uk or it affliates.If you disagree with my comments please note that i do not give a f**k ?2005

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #2 on: 10 February 2004, 13:33 »
Apparently this year CCC are not sponsoring the event (not sure who is), not that it makes any difference as it is still a cracking day out to see anything from a mini to a ferrari gun it around the track!!  ;D

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #3 on: 10 February 2004, 13:37 »
On another note VW Driver magazine (who organise GTI International) are running their annual VAG track day in July (26th I think). This is open to VAG cars only and costs ?120 for the day, and you get a lot of track time. You also get less cars on the track and less idiots.....but some still remain!!! Have a look at www.autometrix.co.uk for info.

Offline morpheus20170

• Just got here
« Reply #4 on: 11 February 2004, 17:30 »
Where is Castle Combe and is this properly run as I don't really want some idiot crashing into my Corrado, and what is the difference between this one and the other one advertised for ?120?
Cheers,
Paul

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #5 on: 12 February 2004, 09:29 »
Where is Castle Combe and is this properly run as I don't really want some idiot crashing into my Corrado, and what is the difference between this one and the other one advertised for ?120?
Cheers,
Paul

Castle Combe is in Wiltshire just off the M4 (www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk). The Action Day is organised by the circuit themselves and is basically a 'run what ya brung' day. A relatively cheap way of getting your car on a track. It is always a busy day with loads of different motors. It is properly organised with marshalls and safety staff and you have the briefing beforehand telling you what you can and cant do (overtaking etc etc). You will always get those people that cant drive on a track but generally the only damage is to one car when it hits the barrier or to someones ego throuh their own fault. They also put people out based on their track experience.

The VW Driver day is a specific track day (i.e. you pay your money for the whole day and not just for 5 laps). This day (24th July) is also only open to VAG cars. This is also properly organised and less cars on the track at any one time. When I have spectated at this event it is a lot more relaxed and generally people are more respectul, i.e. you dont get any of the RS Turbo brigade!!

Hope that helps

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #6 on: 12 February 2004, 09:52 »
It is also possible to arrange club space, so if enough of us were to go to the Action Day it would be good to get a GolfGTI area!! Any takers??

Offline morpheus20170

• Just got here
« Reply #7 on: 12 February 2004, 12:17 »
Thanks 8vgti, that really helps, looks like I'm going then, should be a laugh as long as the insurance co. don't find out, lol.
Where are you from?

Offline 8vgti

• Here all the time
« Reply #8 on: 12 February 2004, 13:18 »
It is usually a really good laugh, even if you only spectate. I'm from Cheltenham by the way...you?

Offline missvdubluv

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9 on: 12 February 2004, 13:28 »
Morpheus, I would recommend you take out track day insurance, especially if you're taking your daily drive round the track.  :)