Author Topic: New V.A.G. Racing Series  (Read 11750 times)

Offline JamesW

• GTI forum regular
Re: New V.A.G. Racing Series
« Reply #30 on: 18 August 2009, 11:42 »
Is this series going to be running in 2010?

I have a standard mk4 golf gti 51 reg. Whats the minimum changes I could do to get it in to the series for next year? I have read the regs but they are a little confusing for a newbie.

Would it be easier and cheaper to start from a mk2?

I would think the minimum you would need is a rollcage, kill switch, extinguisher, race seat & harnesses.
Maybe try emailing vagtrophyinfo@aol.com

Offline Ian Carvell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #31 on: 19 August 2009, 22:47 »
Is this series going to be running in 2010?

I have a standard mk4 golf gti 51 reg. Whats the minimum changes I could do to get it in to the series for next year? I have read the regs but they are a little confusing for a newbie.

Would it be easier and cheaper to start from a mk2?

No, a Mk4 is fine, we have a Mk1, Mk2, Vento, Scirocco, Corrado, Mk5, SEAT Leon, Audi 80....infact the Mk4 is the only one we haven't got so bring it out and show us the way....its deffo lighter than a Mk5!!!

Offline DaveSurf

• Not said much yet
  • 20v 1.8 T
« Reply #32 on: 20 August 2009, 12:03 »
Hi Ian, is there any pics or threads about the cars competing in the series? cant seem to find much information on them.  Just want to see how much prep has gone in to them.
FOR SALE - Mk4 Golf Gti Reflex Silver 5 Door £2400 ono ***new price *** - OPEN TO OFFERS (see for sale section)

Sleeper - tweaked by R-tech and goodies from Forge!

Offline Ian Carvell

• Not said much yet
« Reply #33 on: 21 August 2009, 23:34 »
Not really, but there are all ends of the scale from the Jan's Audi Super Touring Car Audi 80, so my £1500 Scirocco road car,so dont worry about the level of the racing, there is always a place to race in VAG Trophy!!!